cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game is stuck "installing" and cannot bypass or cancel our way out of it...

D3C4D3S
Level 3

We recently purchased Blades and Sorcery Nomad on our Oculus Quest 2. Since then, it's been "installing", going on several days now. We've tried to cancel the install with no luck on finding a way to do so, refund the purchase via Oculus app, tried uninstalling other games/apps in hopes freeing up space would help with the installation process...  Nothing works as far as what would seem a common, simple fix. He's able to play other downloaded games already on his quest but can't do anything else as they become "queued" behind the installation in progress. He's unable to play any online games that's needing updates as they too become queued. Any thoughts or info out there about this...? I figured a factory reset would be the final effort- but would he still be able to redownload purchased games? What all would be lost vs saved in a reset if it were to come to this...?

I'm just a mom trying to help her kid, so any basic layman's explanation will help me greatly. Thank you all so much for any suggestions you may have.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hello there, D3C4D3S! Oh no, we're so sad to see that Blade & Sorcery: Nomad has been stuck downloading for a few days. We understand your frustration with this, since games should not take this long to download. Rest assured, we're here to help get your son's game downloaded!

We see you have attempted some troubleshooting steps, to no avail. If you have not yet already, please try the following:

• Restart Headset
  • Reboot headset
    • With your headset on, hold the power button on the right side of your headset down until you're prompted with a shut-down screen.
    • Select Restart to reboot your Quest 2 or Quest.
  • Last Resort: Factory reset***
    • Turn off your headset.
    • Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
    • Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
    • Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

***Notes

• Performing a factory reset is irreversible and will remove all account information, downloaded games, and content from the headset.
  • Performing a factory reset won't remove content you've purchased or downloaded, from your account. You will just have to redownload them back on to the device, no repurchasing necessary!

If you're still having issues, please contact us by submitting a support ticket! We hope this helps!

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

noigamegun
Level 3

I don't know why this happens if your oculus account is linked to your Facebook account you can factory reset your quest 2 your games and app will not lose if linked to your Facebook account. but you need to install all games back

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hello there, D3C4D3S! Oh no, we're so sad to see that Blade & Sorcery: Nomad has been stuck downloading for a few days. We understand your frustration with this, since games should not take this long to download. Rest assured, we're here to help get your son's game downloaded!

We see you have attempted some troubleshooting steps, to no avail. If you have not yet already, please try the following:

• Restart Headset
  • Reboot headset
    • With your headset on, hold the power button on the right side of your headset down until you're prompted with a shut-down screen.
    • Select Restart to reboot your Quest 2 or Quest.
  • Last Resort: Factory reset***
    • Turn off your headset.
    • Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
    • Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
    • Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

***Notes

• Performing a factory reset is irreversible and will remove all account information, downloaded games, and content from the headset.
  • Performing a factory reset won't remove content you've purchased or downloaded, from your account. You will just have to redownload them back on to the device, no repurchasing necessary!

If you're still having issues, please contact us by submitting a support ticket! We hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Thank you for your advice!

Hey! Thanks for getting back to me. We just did the Reboot option, when it came back up, the game was still doing the "installing". Is this just a glitch perhaps or is it due to low space/memory? I ask this to be able to potentially avoid this in the future lol.

We will try to reboot a couple more times, all else fails, we will do the reset, which sounds like it's no loss on our part as everything is connected to my fb account and games won't be lost. Whatever does get erased isn't the end of the world!

Thanks again!

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

No problem, D3C4D3S! We see that the game is still installing despite rebooting. We understand how this can be annoying, especially given the troubleshooting steps you have taken.

It is possible that the issue might be due to low storage. According to the Oculus store, Blade & Sorcery: Nomad needs 5.05 GB of data available to download, and will only take up 4.12 GB on the device! 

Has your son checked to see if his headset is running Version 34 on his device? There have been reports of the update fixing the issue.

Let us know if performing the factory reset resolves this issue and downloads your game! If you're still having issues, please contact us by submitting a support ticket

SwimInTheDark
Level 2

The same thing has happend to mo with the walking dead saints and sinners,I've tried everything but factory reset and I dont want to lose anything. Can ocellus do something on my account please

mine been like that for 3 weeks now and i also cant make it uninstall the app i downloaded now i cant update any of my games and basically can't play my Oculus since all my games need to be updated before i can play them 

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hi @EliteGamer511 we understand your games are stuck and cannot update. We know how frustrating this must be especially not being able to play any of your games. We have been made aware of this issue, and we want to assure you that our team is actively working on a solution. We appreciate your continued patience, and we hope to have this issue resolved soon. 🙏

Our only choice is to format the device? This has happened with two games so far. That’s ridiculous and unacceptable. We need a download management screen like on the rift. Please remove this as a solution. Factory reset isn’t a solution.