cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GeForce RTX 3060Ti compatibility with Oculus Link on Quest 2?

robxb
Honored Guest
Hi, does anyone have any experience with the 3060Ti and Oculus Link? I don't see it as an officially supported gpu, but know that the 20 series is supported. I'm thinking of getting the 3060 once it's available and in stock somewhere, but need to know if I'll have issues with it.
19 REPLIES 19

PITTCANNA
Visionary
Wait off, until they officially say which 30 series are getting support.  Barely any people have the 30 series.

iamaperson101
Honored Guest
NICE GRAPHICS man i wish i could get my hands on one of thoes!

DominatorVIP
Adventurer

robxb said:

Hi, does anyone have any experience with the 3060Ti and Oculus Link? I don't see it as an officially supported gpu, but know that the 20 series is supported. I'm thinking of getting the 3060 once it's available and in stock somewhere, but need to know if I'll have issues with it.

Hello!

My best guess is that the RTX-3060 TI is more then compatible with oculus link. I have a GTX-1050 TI, it's not "officially supported", but it runs just fine and I can play most (if not all) PC VR games at excellent FPS. Keep in mind, Oculus recommends a 1050 TI (minimum) for the Oculus Rift, and I don't think it's ever been added to the list of "compatible GPUs" for Oculus Link, (even though I'm using it as we speak and It definitely runs well), so just some food for thought.

I've seen people run it on RTX-3080s & 3070s at basically maxed out graphics, and have read on a couple of articles that it should be compatible, so I presume the 3060 TI should give a similar experience.

Though, if you want to be on the safe side, you can wait for Oculus to officially support the 3000 Series GPUs. That might take a hot minute, so I'd personally say go for it, but you do you.

Cheers,
~DominatorVIP

MystaMagoo
Heroic Explorer
nvdia drivers have a problem with RTX cards and link
Antec Quattro ~ Asrock Taichi X399 ~ Threadripper 1920X ~ 32gb 3200mhz GSkill ~ RTX3060ti ~ m.2 970evo

Chappie8824
Protege
MystaMagoo...that is only true for me with Build 25 of the Oculus app. Build 23 worked and looked great at 90hz with a RTX 2060 on Link. Build 25 broke Link connections.

MrNaffNaff
Honored Guest

MystaMagoo...that is only true for me with Build 25 of the Oculus app. Build 23 worked and looked great at 90hz with a RTX 2060 on Link. Build 25 broke Link connections.

Yes also happened to me with a 2080 Super. After v25 no more Link 😞

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Better get the cure to a bad link while you can  B)

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

stardust418f
Honored Guest

Hi, I'm getting a new computer with a 3060 in it, and plan on using it with link or alvr, so I'll update you on how well it works with link when I get it. 😄

masonmemesalot
Sightseer

heard alot of people having problems with the 3060ti and the rift S. i dont know if its still going on but i hope if so there will be a fix or something soon. was planning on getting a 3060ti build and would finally wanna use my rift S (: