cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic FB account for Quest 2 - transition credit to “real” account

Anonymous
Not applicable

I made the painful mistake of creating a new FB “family” account for our new Oculus.  Our kids do not use FB, but I was not thinking about the fact they have Instagram accounts.  So, four individuals in the family, and a useless generic account.  I would just wipe the Quest 2 and start over with the main account, likely mine, but I have $60 in game credit from a referral I would rather not lose.  It seems to me my best option is to gift apps I intend to buy to the primary account, then wipe the original account and do a factory reset with the primary account.

Is there any possible way FB would grant me mercy and just transition the credit to my normal account?  I figure the answer is no.  

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there Family1560! We understand the want to keep your referral credit so we'd love to try and help! While at the time you cannot have your credit transferred, you can definitely go ahead and gift a game over to your other account! If you need any assistance with this please feel free to private message us and we will try and help! Please click here https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?