cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get MAC address for Quest 2 to finish setup

GeorgSimutech
Honored Guest

Hello everyone,

I want to finish the setup on my new Quest 2 but I can't because it wants me to connect to WiFi. I can't use my home WiFi because I have to whitelist the new MAC address, otherwise it won't be able to connect (no, I can't disable the whitelist). There aren't any stores/restaurants close by whose WiFi I could use. A lot of people suggest to use your phone as a mobile hotspot to finish the setup but I barely have any mobile data left and I can't risk the Quest 2 trying to download an update through it.

How can I get the MAC address before completing the setup? Is there a way to even skip this WiFi part?

3 REPLIES 3

If the headset has been registered to your phone you can obtain the MAC address from the phone app devices section > About Headset

No, I never registered it to my phone, I haven't even managed to finish the setup yet because I can't seem to skip the WiFi step.

If you get a new phone/tablet, then it always tells you the device's MAC address somewhere, either directly on the WiFi page or in your WiFi's settings (where you enter the password,...) - both Android and iOS do it that way. There just has to be a way to see it here too!

The problem is the Quest Android settings are hidden by default. You can unlock them, but the device needs to be in a position to accept sideloading. Will your wifi router display MACs that have been blocked, in a log or similar? The one I have handy has a MAC starting 2c:26 and I imagine that'll be common.