cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going to mountain house with no internet for 10 days. Can I use the Quest or leave it at home?

vrvbird
Protege

I am leaving for a mountain property that has no internet. I understand that you need to be online for social and online multiplayer games. But dose the Quest work without internet and can I use it to play my games like "The Thrill of the Fight" or "First Person Tennis" and watch videos offline? There is a spot downhill where I go to call with my mobile phone and there I have a shaky connection with my mobile. (Incase internet is needed to turn it on)! 

Can someone tell me what to expect without internet or should I just forget about it and leave it home?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JDhobbsIV
Honored Guest

You could take it, just only playing games/experiences that aren’t social or online multiplayer. Games like first person tennis should work under curtain circumstances. So yes, you could take it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JDhobbsIV
Honored Guest

You could take it, just only playing games/experiences that aren’t social or online multiplayer. Games like first person tennis should work under curtain circumstances. So yes, you could take it.

vrvbird
Protege

Thanks a lot JDhobbsIV I will give a try then and see how it goes. If there is anything that should be avoided (restart, shutdown, etc) please let me know.

You'll be fine to shutdown.  Just don't log out or do a factory reset, lol!  Actually, if you have mobile phone coverage you may be able to use your smartphone as a wifi hotspot for internet access.  I did this recently while on a holiday and it worked pretty well for internet access when I needed it.  Uses up a lot of your mobile data though so make sure you have a good phone plan, lol!

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

vrvbird
Protege

Thanks a lot. This is all good news for me. Can't wait to get there as there is 200 m2 empty room there and I can finally try boxing and playing tennis in a different way then my tiny apartment !  😀👍