cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Half life Alyx not working over airlink (hmd not found)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

So i got this problem , Air link is working brilliantly for pretty much anything, but HL Alyx refuses to work. It just says HMD not found when using Airlink. It works fine with a cable, but i'd much rather play with air link. Did anyone encounter this problem, and what did you do to solve it? 

Kind regards,

19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

On the bottom bar, that is. Where also the air link button is.  So. Start stramvr, go to desktop, start hl2 shortcut, it will open windowed. Go to bottom bar in headset and click the stramvr window. 

xTobiasFunke
Honored Guest

That worked, thanks so much. The link cable has been so glitchy for me, only with Half Life Alyx for some reason, and airlink is now working much smoother. Awesome.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Most welcome. Have fun in Alyx!

I did this too and finally got it to work as well. Thank you for your help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Now you've got it working, does it stay working for you? I'm getting the same issue I had using OculusLink in HLA where by it'll crash out / disconnect almost at random. 

I was able to play for just over an hour with no crashes or disconnections. I exited out manually and haven't tried it again since yesterday, but I'll check again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope, keeps working fine here. Can't help you there in afraid. Sounds like a router issue tho. 

I'm having the same problem, and could not find how to fix it.
I can run Alyx with the USB cable without any problem.
When using the Air link I can see Alyx in window mode but it will not go into the steamVR world. In steamVR I only see the starry night scene.
Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Xenomorph91
Honored Guest

Thanks man this worked wow 

Olá amigo, eu consegui resolver. abri o SteamVr pelo headset, então eu deixei no centro no guardião e vim manualmente no meu computador e executei o half life pela Steam normal (não pelo SteamVR). funcionou perfeitamente.