cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware level oculus link

AnimeKing18
Protege

The one thing i would love to see from the next quest is a hardware level oculus link with the option to use the og link or air link input lag sucks i would pay a little extra with hardware level oculus link and what i mean by hardware level is display port and 1 or 2 usb 3 cables like the rift s a native display would be great instead of a stream over usb its just wishful thinking

1 REPLY 1

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Ya, always my dream that a Quest hybrid headset would include a DisplayPort option.  Unfortunately wireless with DP would need something like the Vive wireless adapter which is kinda expensive, bulky, and requires a pcie pc slot.  I have this adapter with my Vive Pro and it's a pita to use, esp. compared to my Q2 with Air Link.

The better bet in the future may be wireless with future wifi6e (6Ghz) and faster bitrates for Link.  But, who knows? 

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers