cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble adding my device to my oculus app

lucas0123
Level 2

I have the oculus app on my laptop but when I go to devices and try to link or add my Quest 2 to the app I get the initial screen where I select Deny when it asks to access info and then I am supposed to see something that says ENABLE but that never shows. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. HELP

I am trying to do this in order to be able to get more games for my son to play. 

3 REPLIES 3

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hey there, thanks for bringing this to the community. We'd love to help you out with this. Let's try pairing your Oculus app with your headset through the mobile app.

Follow the steps below. 

1. Open the Oculus app on a compatible mobile device.

2. When you open the Oculus mobile app, you'll continue the initial setup process which includes:

- Signing into Oculus with Facebook

- Setting up a VR profile

- Adjusting preferences and privacy settings

- Creating an Oculus Store PIN

- Adding payment information

3. Once you complete the steps listed above, choose your headset in the app.

4. Now, your headset will either pair automatically, or ask for the pairing code that was displayed while you were in-VR.

5. After your headset is paired, tap Controller or Headset Problem?, then select Connect Wi-Fi.

6. Follow the remaining steps displayed in your Oculus app to resolve the issue.

If this doesn't help please submit a support ticket here for us to look into this further. 

lucas0123
Level 2

paring to the mobile app is NOT the issue. I made that clear in my post. I am trying to pair my quest 2 to my LAPTOP app

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hi there, thanks for following up on what we suggested. Let's do some troubleshooting on this together. 

• Are you using the included charging cable or a 3rd party cable to connect your Quest to your laptop?
  • Also does you laptop meet the minimum requirements to link with the Quest, you can check that here
  • What happens when you select "allow" instead of "deny" on the initial screen on the app?
  • You can also try repairing the Oculus app on your laptop by following these steps

If none of those suggestions help please submit a support ticket here. Please include logs from your computer, here are steps on how to gather these.