cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headset Corrupted

Alphius_Chaddington
Honored Guest

My headset has a black screen on startup. I have factory reset it. I can see the volume go up and down. If its powered down and plugged in I can see it charging. I can see the recenter indicator when I recenter it. And I can connect it to my phone and even cast to it. The red dot indicating the cast is visible but the rest of the screen is black.

Plugging the headset into a computer i can't sideload an update. I wasn't able to sideload before this issue occurred. This has happen at least 5 times before and recovered by itself each time but it seems to be stuck this time.

1 REPLY 1

Wislak
Explorer

Hi, I just had this problem and I unnecessarily completed a factory reset. It turned out my black screen was caused by a new cover I installed. It must have been blocking some sensor because as soon as I removed it, everything went back to normal except everything was reset. 

Now, I don't know if all of my game progress is lost and I can't connect my headset to my app because the app says the headset is connected and the headset won't let me past the "connect to app" screen!