cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headset not working since multiple account glitch

Zombo420
Honored Guest

A few months ago there was something that happened across multiple headsets and accounts where when you opened your headset it would ask you to make a new account. I did this, even after I had an account, and proceeded to make an account using my exact same credentials as the first. Once this happened, I was unable to download any apps and the only apps that were installed were settings, events, and the store. The thing is, it won’t even let me go into those apps. I can’t open settings, events, or anything. I talked to support and they said the best thing to do was wait, since they had not had a patch for the glitch yet, or whatever. Nothing ever ended up happening for my headset. Eventually after about 2 months when I logged into my headset to check it, it had updated to the new Meta symbol. Since this had happened I figured a patch was sent to my headset and it would work. Nope, exact same as before. Still cannot do anything on it and it’s basically a $300 paperweight. I’ve submitted more support tickets since then but they literally have never gotten back to me, I’ve checked my spam and everything. I’m making this to hopefully get some sort of support or troubleshooting to make my headset work again. I just want to play some games. They headset was working perfectly fine before, no problems whatsoever. Also one thing to add is that it does work via oculus link so that’s odd.

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, We know how frustrating it can be when you can't play the games you bought. We would be happy to look into your account further over private message. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I tried to change my oculus environment and now I'm stuck in a lop of my account saying something stopped working and I keep clicking close app but it won't work

What exactly does the error look like? If you could drop a photo in this thread, that'd be really helpful.

Genesis does what Nintendon't! Send me a DM if you have questions. I'm happy to help!