cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hellp Please!!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
So i have a Quest and have been playing on it for a good while now, since 2019. but today when i poped on my WiFi was acting pretty crap. so i tried to turn off the connection and then turn it back on but it would not reconnect. At this point i thought to turn of the head stet and then turn it back on again. But.. now im stuck in a endless black abyss can some one tell me how to fix this or ,should i chuck it into my neighbors pool.
2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
@spadetv1985 Please try a factory reset. If the factory reset does not help, please create a ticket with us and get us the details so we can see what we can help with. Thanks!

Notes:
Performing a factory reset is irreversible and will remove all account information, downloaded games, and content from the headset.
Performing a factory reset won't remove content you've purchased or downloaded from your account.
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Strongit
Heroic Explorer
Not sure if I'm too late but before doing a full factory reset hold the power button down for a good 30 seconds.  That should do a full, hard shutdown on the headset.  Wait about ten seconds afterwards then try powering it on again.  I've had the black screen thing happen a few times, especially lately with oculus link.
Quest 1, i5-8600K at 4.7 GHz, eVGA 1080 ti FTW3, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming, 16 GB 3200 MHz