cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Help Request) Quest Link mic not working after software update

kaiseyo
Honored Guest
After updating the software on Quest Link yesterday my mic no longer works with the Quest Link but works if I use the Quest alone.

The Quest microphone is recognised by both my PC and Oculus app but only static/stuttering can be heard from the mic. There is no issue with hearing audio from the quest.

Is anyone else experiencing this / found a solution to this issue?

[Edit] Potential fix is to change the graphic preference settings (credit: srhollow who posted on this thread). My mic works on "Prioritise Performance" or "Balanced" but it is loudest on Balanced. 

cyobhe15twkl.png
8 REPLIES 8

Emalan-O
Honored Guest
I have not used Oculus Link before the latest software update, but I am also experiencing issues with the microphone over Link. My computer and the Oculus software both recognize the microphone, but it simply does not work. No issues with speakers.

kaiseyo
Honored Guest
I should have added this in my original post my issue is the same - all that can be heard is static. It seems similar to an issue that Rift S users were reporting for a while.

Pixie40
Expert Trustee
Okay, that's a new one. Previous issues had mostly related to the driver being disabled in Device Manager.
Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

ATP-Flo
Expert Protege
Hey guys, I also have massive microphone bugs with Link after the current update (beta channel).

I cannot use the mic because it's stuttering all over the place and you can't understand a word.
Gonna revert to stable release now and check if this helps.

kaiseyo
Honored Guest

Pixie40 said:

Okay, that's a new one. Previous issues had mostly related to the driver being disabled in Device Manager.

I checked that all drivers were enabled and up to date so I'm not sure it's a driver issue.

ATP-Flo said:

Hey guys, I also have massive microphone bugs with Link after the current update (beta channel).

I cannot use the mic because it's stuttering all over the place and you can't understand a word.
Gonna revert to stable release now and check if this helps.

Did this help? If so, how do you revert to the stable release?

kaiseyo
Honored Guest
Potential fix is to change the performance settings (credit: srhollow who posted on this thread). My mic works on "Prioritise Performance" or "Balanced" but it is loudest on Balanced. 
cyobhe15twkl.png

Crash1982
Honored Guest
Same, Oculus microphone running through the Link stopped working after the latest update. Changing the graphics preferences did not do anything for me. Either the microphone does not pick up sound at all, or it sounds like horrible static coming from Mars.

barryjjohn
Honored Guest
Same issue, mic was horribly stuttering with latest update

Downgrading from the Beta (in Oculus Client uncheck public test; this will start a download/update to downgrade you back to the stable release) and restarting all software worked for me. I also set the settings in Oculus Client to "Prioritize Performance" but I'm not sure if this was actually part of the solution, didn't go back and test, just mentioning that I did change this. 

Guess the latest beta update screwed with the mic.