cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help accessing shared account

Her_duchess
Protege

First, let me say I have ZERO gaming experience and am relatively new to the Quest 2. I have searched the forum for answers to my issue but have been unable to find anything.

After the recent Meta changeover on my headset, I am no longer able to access the second account that was added to my headset. When I try, it tells me that i have to go to the Meta website and enter the code (have already done this on the original profile). However, when I have attempted to do so, it tells me the following:

You tried to connect this headset with login info that's not associated with your original account and purchases. 

I have gone to the meta url but have no idea what i need to do. Please assist 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello! Thank you for reaching out!

Some people have mentioned the same thing, actually. When the new Meta accounts rolled out, it caused some hiccups and a few people reported it disrupting their secondary accounts. We've been able to get past this particular little spot of bother by disconnecting the secondary account from the primary account, then re-adding it. Once the secondary account has been re-added, things should be golden partner. 🙂

If you hit any snags or have any questions at all, let us know!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

Hi again! We just wanted to check back and see if you were able to try those steps we suggested to get everything showing up right again. Let us know!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello! Thank you for reaching out!

Some people have mentioned the same thing, actually. When the new Meta accounts rolled out, it caused some hiccups and a few people reported it disrupting their secondary accounts. We've been able to get past this particular little spot of bother by disconnecting the secondary account from the primary account, then re-adding it. Once the secondary account has been re-added, things should be golden partner. 🙂

If you hit any snags or have any questions at all, let us know!

Her_duchess
Protege

Thank you so much for your prompt response! I will try this this afternoon. Should it fail, I will definitely reach back out to you.

Sounds like a plan! Just keep us posted on if that works, or if you need any more help from us. We're here for you!

Hi again! We just wanted to check back and see if you were able to try those steps we suggested to get everything showing up right again. Let us know!

Her_duchess
Protege

Hi!! Thank you so much for checking back! I was just able to attempt, and IT WORKED!! You're awesome! Thank you so much!

Oh good! We're happy to hear it! 

And if you ever need any help in the future, you know where to find us!