cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home screen/ store not working

Anonymous
Not applicable
My home screen will not load properly keeps saying something as gone wrong please try later also cannot access the store get msg oops nothing to see here and i cannot create an avatar i am connected to the internet and the browser does work fine
23 REPLIES 23

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey @Trevt8 can you try Factory Resetting the device using the steps here. Note that his removes all content from the device, and influences the ability to request refunds for any content recently purchased. If the issue remains afterwards, reach out to Support here for additional assistance. - Principe
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have already brought this up with oculus support who asked me twice to do a factory reset to no avail they are taking it further, the headset is only 2 days old. i am to be honest a bit dissapointed my lodger who also as a quest headset tried it on yesterday on my wifi and everyrhing worked the home screen loaded fine the store worked and the create a avatar also worked so i do believe it is the headset at fault, i will wait to see what oculus support come back with i woould like a refund or replacement item. though i woould post on here incase anyone else had the same problem and managed to fix it.

Anonymous
Not applicable
My is doing the same, bought mine 2nd hand and still had the previous owners account on it, so I followed the power+volumne factory reset and set it up for me.
I can download demo's but home screen says somethings gone wrong and try later.
Oculus please help

Rj1313
Honored Guest
Mine is doing the same. Recieved the Quest today. I have done a factory reset several times. I also noticed that after the initial setup and firmware update my Oculus App also wont load the Home screen.

Any help for this would be great. 

senseiz
Explorer
Same here. This is not an issue with your network/device this is clearly a server issue for oculus. It's just a matter of them admitting to it (my support ticket just pointed me to the support articles and didn't actually try to help or explain). 

If you check the quest subreddit and this forum you'll see all sorts of issue reports yesterday and today (08/12 and 08/13). There is nothing we can do as it's not a problem on the customer's side. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
mine was brand new to after  a few factory resets nothing i left it a couple of days and was on the verge of sending it back decided to try again and voila it worked perfectly. i also created another mobile app account so not sure what happened but as i said all working fine now.

senseiz
Explorer

Trevt8 said:

mine was brand new to after  a few factory resets nothing i left it a couple of days and was on the verge of sending it back decided to try again and voila it worked perfectly. i also created another mobile app account so not sure what happened but as i said all working fine now.

Ah, glad it miraculously worked for you hahaha.
I can't make a new account because I already have purchases on the existing account that I would lose :neutral:

EDIT: Made a new account just for testing purposes. Same issue. I've factory reset a total of 6 times now, 2 different accounts, and 3 different wifi networks. Same issue each time. 

scottsamuel
Honored Guest
Same error - I received the new quest yesterday. wifi is ok (can see youtube), and we've been playing the demo for Beat Saber.  But no store and no home screen.  Tried factory reset too.

anthony_genoves
Honored Guest
Just got my Quest and I'm experiencing the same thing, error loading home screen and can't create avatar.  Does anyone from Oculus respond on here?