cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home screen/ store not working

Trevt8
Level 3
My home screen will not load properly keeps saying something as gone wrong please try later also cannot access the store get msg oops nothing to see here and i cannot create an avatar i am connected to the internet and the browser does work fine
23 REPLIES 23

dsaunders
Level 2
Same problem.  Did four factory resets (tired of watching the safety video...) and tried three different wifi connections.  Still won't load the store or home screen.  I can get to the internet through the browser.  Also, home screen on my phone app stopped working after the first factory reset.  

I watched the tracking on UPS all day, was really hoping to use this tonight...

rucrew
Level 2
Same problem here. Here is the weird part. I took it out today for the first time in weeks. Couldnt play a game because it needed to be updatet. During the update I saw the store (and all the games in it) and homescreen was working fine. After the update it stopped working.. 

senseiz
Level 3

rucrew said:

Same problem here. Here is the weird part. I took it out today for the first time in weeks. Couldnt play a game because it needed to be updatet. During the update I saw the store (and all the games in it) and homescreen was working fine. After the update it stopped working.. 

Well that makes me confident it's not something wrong with this new batch of quests and instead truly 100% software related. (hoping at least)

anthony_genoves
Level 2
Mine started working at around 8, all seems fixed now.  In other news, I just played EchoVR which was awesome, but I just smashed my Samsung TV taking a swing at somebody.

Peikko1979
Level 2
Wouls be nice if the support team would write something here since it's obviously a general problem. Or is it fixed for everybody already (didn't try today yet, but my app is still not working properly).

Trevt8
Level 3
they did respond to my original post but just suggested a factory reset, as i said mine was brand new also i spent most of the day with oculus support trying to fix the problem but to no avail, i left it packed ready to go for 2 days and was about to send it back but thought i would give it one more go and it worked perfectly so not sure what happened.

Peikko1979
Level 2
Found a reply from them on reddit that they are aware of the problem and working on it. So I hope it's all fine in a couple of hours when I come home and put that thing on my head.

scottsamuel
Level 2
As of this morning, it works for me, but I didn't change anything. Looks like they fixed a server problem?

Trevt8
Level 3
Glad you got it working scottsamuel the same happened to me it just started working ok

CurvingFyre
Level 2
Hi, same problem. Is it working for everyone as of @scottsamuel 's post? Can't check mine right now, so would be good to have confirmation. Also, out of curiosity, are there any locations with more of this problem? I'm in the London timezone, for reference.