cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homespace not working: Quest2, link cable, new laptop win10 [works on old laptop still]

bluetenu
Honored Guest

My Quest2 seems to work fine in all other regards [apps/desktop/steamvr/Oculus Home app/etc] however, over the link cable, I cannot access my house/home on my new laptop running Win10. [I can access it just fine when not connected with Link cable]. What's particularly odd is that I can also still access it on my old laptop.

I tried reinstalling Oculus Home app, rebooting laptop and Quest2 many times, checking for and getting updates for Home app and for my headset, but always it's just a white world with gray grid instead of my house.

5 REPLIES 5

Farah-Eliott
Protege

Hi, do your New laptop have 11th gen intel ?

Look here...

https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Support/Oculus-link-issue-with-intel-11th-generation/td-p/880321

Oculus quest 2 64GB
câble link newzerol 5meters/16fts USB C to C, 2.5 gbits/s average mesured, plugged in thunderbolt 4.0 port
Laptop Alienware X17 3080 rtx 150w, I7 11800H, 32bgo ram xmp, 4k screen

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there bluetenu, we're here to help! Thank you for everything you've tried so far, we hope we can assist you further.

We recommend doing some additional steps during the uninstall process. What these steps do is clear out all Oculus files on your PC so that we can re-install them fresh. In the event that some files or drivers have become corrupted, this process should address that.

1. Disconnect your computer from the internet.
  2. Backup any necessary content.
  3. Reboot into Safe Mode.
  4. Uninstall Oculus Home using the Control Panel.
  5. Delete all Oculus folders from the following folder:
    • C:\Program Files
  6. Remove any Oculus folders from the following locations:
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Local
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\LocalLow
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming
    • C:\OculusSetup-DownloadCache
  7. Restart your computer in normal mode.
  8. Reconnect your computer to the internet.
  9. Install Oculus Home again using the setup tool from our website here.

Once you are able to complete these steps, please let us know the results and we'll keep an eye out for your response! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi, I too have the same issue. I followed all the steps an reinstalled the Oculus desktop application and removed all folders as above. Still when I click my home button after activating my Oculus link via USB - I start with a white/grey grid environment. I also get the "unable to confirm oculus account" error message appearing. Is this an issue that I created my Occulus Quest 2 account with facebook account? 

I can launch VR applications and everything else with the USB Link active. I just can't load the home environment! Any further suggestions?

Resolved:

"Log into Facebook. Click menu icon Go to Apps and Websites Click edit on Apps, Webpages, and Games Click turn on Should be fixed after this, might need to restart headset and computer but I believe mine worked right afterwards."

Thanks a ton, man, it saved my day!

After correcting for this absolutely obscure bug and the black Virtual Desktop on Link / in Rift mode (overlay apparently needs to run on Intel, not Nvidia!) I went straight into MS Flight Simulator 2020 and switched it to VR mode.

What a Christmas present!

Thanks again and Merry Xmas

G.