cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizon Workrooms: how do I make someone a member?

LinguaProf
Protege

Only members can access files and chat in a workroom. When I invite colleagues in to my room for a meeting via web link (they don’t have a Quest headset) how do I make them a member? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LinguaProf
Protege

NM I figured it out finally.  If anyone needs this information:

Two things have to happen to make someone a member:

1. You add them by email via the upper right-hand corner of the workrooms.com webpage after you log in. Once you type in their email, wait for the email address to appear in the box below where you are typing, and then click on their email address.
  2. Once the person gets the email, they must click the link to sign in and create their Workrooms account.  They don't have to complete their profile, but it's nice.

For the Workrooms meeting:

Separately, you need to ALSO send the person an invite to the Workrooms meeting, whether or not they are connecting via computer or mobile device, or through VR. Once the person follows the invitation link, they can either join the room from their computer or device -- OR -- there is an option to put on the VR headset.  If they choose the VR option and go to the Workrooms app, the first thing they will see is a code. Go back (I know) to the computer, enter the code, and thus the headset is paired and they can continue with the meeting in VR.  They will not have access to the meeting chat, notes, etc. unless they have also clicked on the link to become a member. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

LinguaProf
Protege

NM I figured it out finally.  If anyone needs this information:

Two things have to happen to make someone a member:

1. You add them by email via the upper right-hand corner of the workrooms.com webpage after you log in. Once you type in their email, wait for the email address to appear in the box below where you are typing, and then click on their email address.
  2. Once the person gets the email, they must click the link to sign in and create their Workrooms account.  They don't have to complete their profile, but it's nice.

For the Workrooms meeting:

Separately, you need to ALSO send the person an invite to the Workrooms meeting, whether or not they are connecting via computer or mobile device, or through VR. Once the person follows the invitation link, they can either join the room from their computer or device -- OR -- there is an option to put on the VR headset.  If they choose the VR option and go to the Workrooms app, the first thing they will see is a code. Go back (I know) to the computer, enter the code, and thus the headset is paired and they can continue with the meeting in VR.  They will not have access to the meeting chat, notes, etc. unless they have also clicked on the link to become a member. 

Kolya080808
Honored Guest

Please, can you send screenshots, I can’t see that