cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizon Worlds age limit

Luigus
Honored Guest

I have a question. Will the horizon worlds age restriction be a temporary thing? I would really like to play but I’m not 18

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, thanks for contacting us! We noticed your concern regarding age restriction for Horizon Worlds. At this time, we’re focused on getting the experience right for people 18+ first, and we’ll expand the audience over time. We haven't announced a timeline yet for under 18, but sign up on our website to be notified when Horizon Worlds is available. Hope this information is helpful. All the best, 🙂

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

CheTaPace79
Protege

Hopefully. They did say they were going to have 18+ rooms, so I think once they get that situation all sorted out, the restrictions will be lifted. But knowing Meta, they probably won't lift the restrictions because they want to spy on you while you're playing the game.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, thanks for contacting us! We noticed your concern regarding age restriction for Horizon Worlds. At this time, we’re focused on getting the experience right for people 18+ first, and we’ll expand the audience over time. We haven't announced a timeline yet for under 18, but sign up on our website to be notified when Horizon Worlds is available. Hope this information is helpful. All the best, 🙂

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

at least your honest about it.

MizuSeirei
Honored Guest

Horizon worlds needs to be for ages 18+! Before parents are allowed to download this app, they should agree to the terms that they will be responsible for the actions of their children! The children are getting in there, yelling and being obnoxious, while singling out individuals, and calling them racial slurs and making false reports against them! For the parents making accounts for these children, they should be banned as well! Horizon Worlds is supposed to be a safe space where people can visit family and friends virtually if they are not able to visit them in person! These kids make it that much harder for this to happen, and they think that hiding behind computer screens can allow them to act in such a way, then they should be reminded that doing negetive things as such will get them in trouble in the virtual world as well as the physical world. Moderators should be in the world and policing these hoodlums, so that when they are caught, they are banned from the app via the device and IP address indefinitely! I shouldn’t have to go into an app, trying to commune with my family and friends and have to deal with badly raised hoodlums, because they feel untouchable when it comes to the web! Harassment and cyber-bullying is a crime, and this platform needs to make some changes if they want to keep the fan base!

Pixie40
Expert Trustee

For an app that's suppose to be 18+ right now, sure are a lot of kids running around every time I load up Horizon Worlds. And I am fairly certain that the "minimum age to have a facebook account" restriction isn't even being followed by many of them. It's not as bad as Venues and VR Chat get, yet. But the enforcing of such a age restriction seems more then a little lacking.

Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

I agree with you 100%. Kids are ruining my VR social experience by entering rooms meant to be for 18+ particularly in Horizon Worlds. Honestly I think there should also be worlds for 21+ for various reasons but that just my opinion. On a serious note, there should be some type of age verification and identity authentication to keep kids out of the bars, clubs and adult hangout spots. Continuing to allow them access not only creates a bad experience for adults, but also creates a dangerous situation for kids who may encounter a predator. Meta please work on an age verification process. From the amount of complaints that I’ve read you are fully aware of the problem. So What and when are you going to do something about it? If you continue to this ignore this issue not only will you lose people from using it, you may also face legal troubles in the near future. 

I turned 18 yesterday but I got my oculus quest 2 on September 9th…i cannot download Horizon worlds.

That's awesome! Happy birthday @DamaniDorsey! We wish you all the best and hope you had an amazing birthday!

Since you've recently celebrated your 18th, it'll likely take some time for the servers to update and recognize you as being 18 years of age or older. Give it a couple more days and keep trying, you should be able to get in soon!

Okay yes i understand that but my 12-year-old son set up his account and I don't know what he said the birthday as because there's no information and I can't change it