cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I convince Oculus to stop sending offers for discounts and new games

Mike-JB
Honored Guest
I'm completely fed up with all new offers from Oculus for games they want to sell and presentation of new games. I know which applications I want to have and I'm not interesed in most games. If I want to play a game I search for it.
Is there a way to turn this marketing spapping off?

7 REPLIES 7

enigma01
Trustee
Log-into your Oculus account and go to Privacy Centre and then scroll down to Product notifications and toggle on / off as you wish.  

Mike-JB
Honored Guest
OK, great, hope that works

The offer emails I've had from Oculus have included an unsubscribe link.

Mike-JB
Honored Guest
It's not so much in the offer-emails, I've indeed unsubscribed. But when I open the app, or the headset I'm faced with all kind of programs I'm not interested in. I just want to find the programs I actively downloaded. I even cannot get rid of the programs which have been uploaded as Demo. If you remove them they keep popping up in the library. If I buy a tennis racket, I don't want, every time I open the sleeve to play a game, that random other playing tools pop out of the sleeve, I just want to play tennis.

Ah ok, did the change of preference alter what you see? it doesn't bother me but I understand it would annoy some.

Mike-JB
Honored Guest
No actually not. When I start the headset, it starts at 'Home' where I expect my 'home', being the applications I purchase or downloaded. However the first item I see is a recommendation for a game I'd never want to have.

FelicityC
Adventurer
Yeah it is really annoying to have it all so restricted. Dash is just as annoying. Wish it really just sent you to a default landing page that was customizable based on which you wanted to see first, ie, the library, like it rly should be

I don't think there's any way to get around that. It's just core to the program sadly

8700k @ whatever i feel like, 2070 Super, 3200mhz 32gb memory @ CL16, 1tb wd sn750, msi z370 gaming plus, pvc pipe gun