cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I instal the Insta360 VR app in my oculus quest?

Krustacio
Honored Guest
Hi, I just bought an oculus quest and I want to connect it to my camera Insta360 EVO, but the app (Insta360 VR) appear only for Go. Should we wait for the update or is there some way to install Go apps in Quest? Thanks
29 REPLIES 29

Thomas3D
Honored Guest
Das würde mich auch sehr interessieren!!!

h.r.gargi
Heroic Explorer
He just said that he also want to know. No reason to get annoyed. 
Meta Facebook Community Accelerator 2022 winner
Facebook Community Partner
Founder of the Meta Quest VR Familie - The largest German Facebook Group for VR and Metaverse
https://www.facebook.com/groups/oculusvrgermany/

Anonymous
Not applicable
Would be interested buying the insta360 evo but only if it was compatible with the Oculus Quest

studlygoorite
Expert Protege
I just ordered the Insta360 Evo, I'm sure the app will come available sometime but in the meantime instead of wirelessly transferring videos and pics, we can move them from the camera to PC and then to the Quest I believe. 

kevink808
Superstar
Insta360 EVO is the best consumer-grade 3D cam out there in my opinion.  I love it.  I use it with my GO for right now, but I agree it'd be great to also use Quest.  However a bit pointless as the EVO is 3D, not VR, so you have 3DoF, rendering the touch controllers pointless. It's perfect for GO though. Sure there's an app coming.
Rift-S, Quest 128GB, GO 64GB.

Elastic_Plastic
Honored Guest
I side loaded the GO version by using ADB to pull the package from the quest, I then installed the APK on the Quest.  It works however the headset is the pointer (dot in center of screen)  aim head, pull trigger. Kind of annoying I am hoping Insta makes a Quest version.

Peteo
Expert Protege

I side loaded the GO version by using ADB to pull the package from the quest, I then installed the APK on the Quest.  It works however the headset is the pointer (dot in center of screen)  aim head, pull trigger. Kind of annoying I am hoping Insta makes a Quest version.

How did you get this to work. On my quest it launches and then crashes right away

Peteo
Expert Protege

kevink808 said:

Insta360 EVO is the best consumer-grade 3D cam out there in my opinion.  I love it.  I use it with my GO for right now, but I agree it'd be great to also use Quest.  However a bit pointless as the EVO is 3D, not VR, so you have 3DoF, rendering the touch controllers pointless. It's perfect for GO though. Sure there's an app coming.

I just picked up this camera this week and its really cool, Pretty blown away by the 3D effect. (though the locking mechanisms stink) I need to get this working in the quest (do not have a go) so I can show everyone. Psyched to be able to get 3d video/picks of the kids for the on coming AR world we will be in 10 or so years from now

studlygoorite
Expert Protege
One way around it right now , if you have a PC, you can download the Insta360 Studio Software (it's free) move the pics and vids from the camera to the software and it will convert pics to jpeg and videos to mp4. Move the pics and vids to the quest and it will recognize them, although I can't get it to recognize 180 pics, it sees the 360 pics, 180 and 360 videos.