cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How do I cast on multiple smartphones?

Walter1337
Level 2
Hello community,

a few days ago I recieved my brand new Oculus Quest 2. So far it seems to be a pretty good expirience for me and my girlfriend, but yesterday we run into some trouble where I ask for your help.

During the setup of the Quest 2, I installed the Oculus App and logged in with facebook. I typed in the 5 numbers and paired the app with the headset. I had no problems with streaming my content to my smartphone and my girlfriend was hoding my smartphone to watch me play.
Yesterday she wanted to use her own smartphone to watch me. So she downloaded the app, logged in via facebook and then the problems started. Neither was she able to link her app with the headset, because the 5 numbers doesn't show up at all in the headset, or was I able to stream my content by choosing the oculus app on her phone in the headset. It only selects the App on my own smartphone.
We tried to solve the problem by creating a second account on the Quest 2 with her profile. But she was never able to connect to that account with her smartphone either. We use the same Network, so that does not seem to be the problem.
I also thought about logging into her oculus app with my oculus account. But then there is the facebook problem, where I also have to log into my facebook account on her smartphone. That seems pretty stupid for the future, because then she always has to relog into her facebook account everytime she used the oculus app.

So what are we doing wrong here? Is there a much easier way to do this? I'd be really happy to get some help of you experts ๐Ÿ™‚

2 REPLIES 2

nino716
Level 2

Same exact problem. Any luck for you guys? Cannot find an answer anywhere!

JessLo8361
Level 2

Same issue here. Any updates for a fix soon? Also noticed the option to cast to computer is missing on non device owner account, will this feature also be added?