cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the graphics preferences on my Quest 2?

Myersfamgso
Honored Guest
When I search for this answer, I keep getting instructed to open the Oculus app on my computer to make the changes.  I have a MacBook and can't seem to find a way to get the app on my computer.  Surely there is another way to adjust the preferences?
3 REPLIES 3

Maksuq
Honored Guest
I searched the app. there is no option to change it. you have to get the pc app

ohgrant
Superstar
 The Oculus app will let you change some settings that are for Oculus PC app and link. It does not effect the standalone quality. 
 I'm not sure if it works on mac os but Sidequest is the app I use to change the native Quest video settings. 
Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

PITTCANNA
Visionary

When I search for this answer, I keep getting instructed to open the Oculus app on my computer to make the changes.  I have a MacBook and can't seem to find a way to get the app on my computer.  Surely there is another way to adjust the preferences?

You can't change quest 2 graphics, all the games that run natively are locked in at certain frame rate, 72 or 90 depending on publisher.  The details and resolution are optimized for the quest 2 so there is no real way to change it.

Some games offer frame rate vs details, but not all.

Link and quest2 (meaning using the quest as a rift s with the pc app) you go to devices menu with the quest linked to computer and link enabled.  You get to set fps (72, 80, 90) and render scale from .8(minimum graphics card) to 1.7(think rtx 3090)  the render scale increases pixel density.

Side Note: You can change slight appearance of quest 2 graphics if you know how to run adb codes, and able to to use sidequest, but its splitting hairs, and not supported by oculus.