cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you click, select swipe etc on Quest 2 without a controller?

taidoq2vr
Protege

Hi,

I wonder if anyone uses Quest to watch movies in a confine space such as airplane seat without a controller?  If so, how do you click, scroll, select etc.

Advance thanks for your feedback!

5 REPLIES 5

PITTCANNA
Visionary

you can use gaze pointer but it gets to be a pain the butt.

Meaning turn on your quest and don't touch your controllers to wake them up.  A point will appear then you can use the + volume button to select.

lensmandave
Superstar

You could use hand tracking maybe?

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

taidoq2vr
Protege

Thank you all for your feedback!  Will give gaze and hand tracking a try.

taidoq2vr
Protege

Try both, gaze and hand tracking doesn't seems to work with Skybox as I receive notification that it need the controller.

mthuhn
Explorer

Meta please expand this feature and put it in the accessible options there are people who can't use their hands (like me) who wants to experience vr but can't use the controllers. The volume up button doesn't cut it. Please try to use it without your hands Please give us head gazing with a voice click and time click or other ways that I haven't thought of be creative. I use a mouse to navigate with my feet but that doesn't solve the problem all the way for two reasons one the only application that works with the mouse is the web browser and the store and two is that I can't just lay down and enjoy a video because I have to use the mouse with my foot.