cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does friends communication work for Quest 2?

aguy10
Heroic Explorer

I added someone as a friend. Do I need to have Quest 2 running to communicate with them or can I do it outside of Quest 2 as well?.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

vividpixel
Explorer

@aguy10: I think what you're trying to do is send messages to your friends from _outside_ the headset, right? OculusSupport might have misinterpreted.

If that's the case, open the Oculus app on your mobile phone, then click the Social button at the bottom in the middle, then click Chats up near the top, and with the blue button in the bottom right corner you can start a new chat with your friends using just your phone.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, thanks for reaching out. You can communicate within the headset when using Oculus Party or you can send Facebook messages to your friends within the headset through your Facebook Messenger app. Hope this was helpful!

Thanks! 🙂

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

vividpixel
Explorer

@aguy10: I think what you're trying to do is send messages to your friends from _outside_ the headset, right? OculusSupport might have misinterpreted.

If that's the case, open the Oculus app on your mobile phone, then click the Social button at the bottom in the middle, then click Chats up near the top, and with the blue button in the bottom right corner you can start a new chat with your friends using just your phone.