cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to share purchased games between different Quest in the same household?

freemoto
Level 3
When I buy another Quest for my wife, how does she play the games I already purchased? Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8

enigma01
Level 10
I don’t believe you can unless share the same Oculus account between headsets... but that would mean logging out of one headset and factory resetting it so you can log into another. I don’t think you can be logged into more than one headset on the same account at the same time.

freemoto
Level 3
Thanks for the reply. I didn't know and that really sucks. I was hoping it has something like Google Android app family share that lets multiple phones to install the same purchased apps within the family.  

Spuzzum
Level 9

enigma01 said:

I don’t believe you can unless share the same Oculus account between headsets... but that would mean logging out of one headset and factory resetting it so you can log into another. I don’t think you can be logged into more than one headset on the same account at the same time.



From what I've read, you don't need a factory reset...you open the Gear VR store, which supposedly is available through the search function, then you log out of the account, and log the next person in to their account. Then after a reboot, the last person to log in is the user account, and the logged out user's games are in the Unknown sources until they log back in again. I haven't tried myself though. You also need the same game purchased on both accounts.

kojack
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

Spuzzum said:


From what I've read, you don't need a factory reset...you open the Gear VR store, which supposedly is available through the search function, then you log out of the account, and log the next person in to their account. Then after a reboot, the last person to log in is the user account, and the logged out user's games are in the Unknown sources until they log back in again. I haven't tried myself though. You also need the same game purchased on both accounts.

Logging out of the app only affects the app. The headsets can only be logged out by a factory reset which wipes everything currently installed.
(The app warns about how this works when you press log out)


You can have any number of headsets logged into the same account though. I've had 3 GOs logged in as me at the same. There might be issues with multiplayer stuff, but single player should be fine.
(I haven't tried with a Quest though, I only have one of those, but it should work the same as the Go and Rift)

I really wish there was an easier way to handle this on the headset. The factory reset thing is annoying. Maybe it's an Android thing, you can't really easily log out of an android phone either. Despite being linux based, its not really multi-user.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

freemoto
Level 3
Thank you all for your inputs.  I appreciate them.  I really wish Oculus can have something as mature as Googgle's "family share" for Android apps that allow different users in the same family to share the same purchases.  

Spuzzum
Level 9

kojack said:


Spuzzum said:


From what I've read, you don't need a factory reset...you open the Gear VR store, which supposedly is available through the search function, then you log out of the account, and log the next person in to their account. Then after a reboot, the last person to log in is the user account, and the logged out user's games are in the Unknown sources until they log back in again. I haven't tried myself though. You also need the same game purchased on both accounts.

Logging out of the app only affects the app. The headsets can only be logged out by a factory reset which wipes everything currently installed.
(The app warns about how this works when you press log out)


You can have any number of headsets logged into the same account though. I've had 3 GOs logged in as me at the same. There might be issues with multiplayer stuff, but single player should be fine.
(I haven't tried with a Quest though, I only have one of those, but it should work the same as the Go and Rift)

I really wish there was an easier way to handle this on the headset. The factory reset thing is annoying. Maybe it's an Android thing, you can't really easily log out of an android phone either. Despite being linux based, its not really multi-user.



It was just something posted on Reddit, and they claimed it worked. But I tried finding the GearVR store on my Quest last night...I couldn't find it.

Smileysc
Level 2
So are the developers going to do the family account so I dont have to pay 300 per headset and then buy 3 of the same game evertime they want to play together which is the whole purpose of multiple headsets.... COME ON WE HAVE FAMILIES WITH MULTIPLE KIDS HERE!!!!

Nunyabinez
Level 8

Smileysc said:

So are the developers going to do the family account so I dont have to pay 300 per headset and then buy 3 of the same game evertime they want to play together which is the whole purpose of multiple headsets.... COME ON WE HAVE FAMILIES WITH MULTIPLE KIDS HERE!!!!



qhwfavwcy3df.gif

Oculus just announced Multi-user accounts are coming in February.
https://developer.oculus.com/blog/multi-user-accounts-and-app-sharing-coming-soon/

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest | Quest 2