cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to view my Oculus games on my Quest 2 headset?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I confess I'm a noob.  Not as tech savvy as many of you. I need help...

Please tell me why the games I buy on the Oculus App on my PC (e.g., Lone Echo) don't show up on my headset library like all the other games I purchase from the Oculus Quest 2 store in the headset.  I understand that from the Steam library (e.g., Halflife Alyx), but aren't both Oculus Libraries the same?  Am I doing something wrong? Giant pain the butt to attach myself to my PC.  

Someone help explain this to me? Or tell me how to fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nalex66
MVP
MVP

@Anonymous wrote:

Please tell me why the games I buy on the Oculus App on my PC (e.g., Lone Echo) don't show up on my headset library like all the other games I purchase from the Oculus Quest 2 store in the headset.  I understand that from the Steam library (e.g., Halflife Alyx), but aren't both Oculus Libraries the same?  Am I doing something wrong? Giant pain the butt to attach myself to my PC.  

No, Quest and Rift (PC) are separate libraries. In some cases, when a game has both a Quest and Rift version, the dev might support cross-buy, which means buying the game on one platform gets you the other version for free. Here is a list of games that support cross-buy. If you’ve bought any of those games on the Rift store, they should show up as free on the Quest store, and you can claim them there to add them to your Quest library.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can only access and see those games via Oculus Link or Air Link 

They are installed on your PC and are in no way connected to your Quest2 
Those games just stream to your Headset.

nalex66
MVP
MVP

@Anonymous wrote:

No, Quest and Rift (PC) are separate libraries. In some cases, when a game has both a Quest and Rift version, the dev might support cross-buy, which means buying the game on one platform gets you the other version for free. Here is a list of games that support cross-buy. If you’ve bought any of those games on the Rift store, they should show up as free on the Quest store, and you can claim them there to add them to your Quest library.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for taking time to reply. I was able to get the Air Link to work and launched Lone Echo in my headset from the Oculus app on my PC. Fortunately, there’s a Stream VR app in the Oculus home so I can also launch Alyx and my other games I bought on steam. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahh, got it! Thanks for explaining the cross-buy situation to me. When I bought my first and only Quest 2 I set up the oculus app on my PC and my phone. It’s odd to a layman how the apps I buy on oculus on PC need airlink, but the ones on my phone upload to the headset right away. Most peculiar, momma, strange days indeed. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ye i agree and got confused first time.

The app on your phone is the Oculus Quest store only whereas the PC app seems to go to the Rift store. 

For me this is the main page which has the store selection for each headset.

Quest Store: VR Games, Apps and More | Oculus

Dont forget you can also install Steam VR and purchase VR Titles from Steam ( often the same games on offer ) 
No cross buy there but a huge selection and many will play in desktop mode as well  for example Elite Dangerous, StarTrek Bridge Crew, etc etc and those are not tied to your Oculus account so you have them forever to use on any machine 🙂