cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I bought a USB cable that supposed to work with the Quest 2 as a Link alternative but...

huebonaso
Honored Guest
I recently got a Party Link cable for my Quest 2 as I wanted to play PC games on it as well. It connects and says its connected fine on the Oculus computer app but as soon as I launch a game it says there's a Hardware Error and won't let me play anything. I used the Steam VR Performance test and it says that the only thing holding it back is my GPU. I have a AMD Radeon RX 5600M graphics. Is this not enough? I'm not trying to play anything heavy either. 
9 REPLIES 9

PITTCANNA
Visionary
It might be default to the igpu, I think with laptops you have to disable the internal graphics.  It will show as the Intel uhd.  Go to the device manager and disable the internal graphics, not the rx5600.

huebonaso
Honored Guest

PITTCANNA said:

It might be default to the igpu, I think with laptops you have to disable the internal graphics.  It will show as the Intel uhd.  Go to the device manager and disable the internal graphics, not the rx5600.

If I disable it, will I be able to reenable it later? It won't cause my laptop any issues right?
And should I redownload the Oculus App just to make sure?

Thanks for the advice

PITTCANNA
Visionary
You can always re enable.

PITTCANNA
Visionary
Your laptop should be fine

PITTCANNA
Visionary
did you try that? let me know if it got you sorted.

Howie_Doodat
Rising Star
First I would try to go into your graphics card and see if you can default the VR programs to the GPU, that way you don’t have to disable/enable it every time. 

Kyorinho
Honored Guest

I have the same problem, I connect the quest 2 and the application recognizes it and validates the connection ok, in the tests everything is fine with a speed of 2.5G, but when starting the link from the quest the screen goes black and returns to home immediately , when I try it more than 3 times, it shows me an error in the application, I have a radeon 580 video card

Leader_MatLebru
Honored Guest

PITTCANNA said:

okay, but how do you do that ? i have the same problem it's horrible...

PITTCANNA
Visionary

PITTCANNA said:

okay, but how do you do that ? i have the same problem it's horrible...

When using Nvidia GPU shoiuld I disable mobo onboard graphics Solved -  Windows 10 Forums

START > Control Panel > System > Device Manager   <-------path to get to device manager