cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't login into Facebook account for registration

kandylee
Level 3

My original facebook account was hacked on 22nd June. The hacker posted content of sexualisation of children, causing permanently disabling of my account until now. I have submitted a request in Facebook to review my account, yet no reply. I have sent emails to Facebook trying to contact them and no response.
I have contacted the Meta Store Support Team, yet they didn't help me recovering my account. However, I have seen on the Internet that someone has been successfully recover their Facebook accounts by requesting help in the Oculus support team. I purchased a Meta Quest 2 but not yet started registering since I still can't access to my original Facebook account. I have no way but borrowing my friend's account to issue this post. 

I never violate the community standards of Facebook. Could someone please help me?

7 REPLIES 7

TomCgcmfc
Level 15

@kandylee  Ya, I remember getting my FB account hacked +10 years ago and it was a real pain.  Fortunately the hacker did not post any of his home movies, lol!  I notified FB after they actually notified me (and should have done for you) beforehand that my account had been accessed from an non-usual place (Korea or Taiwan I think).  I did the usual change pwd thing but still managed to get hacked again.  After that FB let me suspend my account and startup a new one and I have not had any problems since.  I also went to the 2x factor authorisation and I think this helped as well.  The only minor problem I now have is that I'd like to change my FB E-mail address to the one I originally had (and still use with Oculus) but I cannot do this because it's still associated with my original account.  I'm afraid to try to access this old account to permanently delete it because I may get called out for having 2x accounts.  So I've just left it as is.

In your case it should be pretty easy for FB to verify the location of the hacker and hopefully permanently ban his ip address.  You may need to go through an identity verification (I needed to do this) which was pretty painless.

You other option would be to wait for the Meta accounts to come through later this month (little birdie told me by the end of next week) and see if you can switch over your Oculus account to Meta and unlink FB.  Not sure if that's still going to be a problem if your FB account is banned or not?

I'm not sure whether or not to unlink my FB account when this Meta account thing all happens.  I'll probably start off with it linked and see how it goes and whether or not the new horizons profile does all I need or not.  Time will tell I guess.  Anyway, good luck sorting things out mate and cheers.

i9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro

Yes, it's really painful to lose all the photos, videos that I have kept in Facebook for more than 12years. I dont think Meta has the right to delete them all without actually looking into my account that whether I have broke the community standards or not. To be honest, I purchased the Meta Quest 2 just willing to get my account back. I just want to download back all my photos and videos... Now all I got is just a permanently disabled Facebook account and a unable-to-use Meta Quest 2 headset which has costed me $299. :,(

@kandylee wrote:

Yes, it's really painful to lose all the photos, videos that I have kept in Facebook for more than 12years. I dont think Meta has the right to delete them all without actually looking into my account that whether I have broke the community standards or not. To be honest, I purchased the Meta Quest 2 just willing to get my account back. I just want to download back all my photos and videos... Now all I got is just a permanently disabled Facebook account and a unable-to-use Meta Quest 2 headset which has costed me $299. :,(

Ya, hopefully you'll get your account back with all your FB stuff.  I remember it did take me about 2x weeks to get my problem fixed.  Worse case, just return your Q2 for a refund (think you have up to30 days since you purchased it to do this) and wait for your FB account to get fixed.  You probably should have resolved this beforehand anyway imho.  Anyway, good luck mate and cheers.

i9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro

I have also thought of returning the Q2, but I have waited for the Oculus support team's reply for more than 4 weeks and meanwhile 30 days have passed... I cant get a refund anymore...

@kandylee wrote:

I have also thought of returning the Q2, but I have waited for the Oculus support team's reply for more than 4 weeks and meanwhile 30 days have passed... I cant get a refund anymore...

Well too bad then I guess.  Just continue to try to work through all this with oculus support I guess.  Follow their instructions and don't be a jerk.  Cheers.

Thank you so much for your kind support. The oculus team has reached me out, hoping that they can really help me.

I am having same FB issues. After IG and FB hacked, I was locked out of FB and have 8 days left. Need my account reviewed but no idea who to contact. It is so frustating. IG I was able to just change my password. Suggestions?