cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have V28 but no 120hz or new features?!

Fliposide
Protege

i have v28 update, but no new options are in the experimental features. no 120hz etc?

What can do to get them??

30 REPLIES 30

I’m in the US and I’m having the same problem.

Oculus support responded on my ticket saying device reset..power cycle...blah blah 

After doing may be 5 times reset and god knows how many restarts, its still same. Infact my old experimental features also gone. 😂

Looks like this V28 itself is an experiment and PR exercise.😂

Got the solution - You have to reset and select English(US) as the language, thats it.

No dice on that fix for me.

Same, that didn’t help me either...

Fliposide
Protege

I tried the language change but it did nothing for me. I have also received another V28 update but still nothing.

I placed a ticket with support and got this:

"Hi, Thank you for contacting Oculus Support.
I understand that you weren't able to see the experimental features for Oculus Quest V28. I would be happy to provide you with information.
I appreciate your effort updating your device software, I would like to let you know that the V28 Software update is still being rolled to all Oculus users, your device's software may be updated however, it will take time for the experimental feature to be fully visible on your end. Currently, Oculus Quest V28 are rolled out at 30%.
Thank you for your extended patience and understanding."

MrPatrickTaylor
Honored Guest

I had the same issue. I waited for days for the v28 update and finally got it, but then still couldn't see the setting to enable 120hz in the Experimental Features panel.  But I finally got it. All I had to do was Reset All Experimental Features at the top of that panel, then wait for the restart. The new option then appeared at the bottom of the panel.

Fliposide
Protege

I have reset the Experimental Features panel many times. Still no joy 😞

Fliposide
Protege

Looks like FB decide to allow me to have the upgraded features now(??).  Not sure why, many days after the update V28 the features appeared. I am guessing that the update is just the first part of the process and then the "apps" are rolled out in another phase of updates that aren't shown. So if you are in a similar situation just wait and it is will eventually come, just restart your HMD occasionally to refresh the menu features. Also, AIRLINK only works if the PC Oculus software is V28 also!

Tried all these and was equally frustrated a day ago. In my case, it seemed like there was a main update to the Link software on my PC, then a smaller one a day or so later. Second update made everything show up. I didn't want to mess with a factory reset so just waited (I do have Virtual Desktop though). If the 120hz option has shown up, Airlink should be soon behind. Good luck!