cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Rift S. My son has a Quest 2. Is it possible to use the Quest 2 Oculus Link from my PC?

AMacdonald
Protege
I have a Rift S on a decent PC. My son has a Quest 2. My wife has glasses. The wife would like to visit some of her old haunts in Google Earth but her glasses don't really work with my Rift and Google Earth isn't available native on Quest. I'd like to plug the Quest into my PC and use Link to display Google earth for her in comfort but how would that work gicven that the Rift and Quest are associated with different accounts. I'm quite happy to allow my son to login to the Oculus app with his facebook account (with the Rift disconnected, obviously) but will I then be able to revert to my Oculus login afterwards? Will either of us be hit by a ban hammer for using two devices on one PC?
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

J_K_Leeper_II
Explorer
Rift needs a HDMI style Display port cable, in  addition to the usb 3 link cable and port. The account logins should be able to be switched at will.

View solution in original post

kojack
MVP
MVP
Multiple headsets on one PC are fine. I regularly have a CV1, Rift-S, Quest 2 and Go connected at once. 🙂
It's easy to toggle between headsets in the PC app, you don't need to unplug anything (only one headset is active at a time, chosen in the devices section).
You can also log in and out of the PC app as needed. Only games owned by the current account (if they aren't free) can be played.
I haven't tested for a while, but last time I did it also didn't matter if the Quest and PC are on the same account. The account of the PC is what you see over Link. I think I tested that on the Quest, not the Quest 2, can't remember. So no idea if that is still the case (I might try later today).

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

J_K_Leeper_II
Explorer
Rift needs a HDMI style Display port cable, in  addition to the usb 3 link cable and port. The account logins should be able to be switched at will.

AMacdonald
Protege
Thanks. I bit the bullet and gave it a go this afternoon. No problems to report.

kojack
MVP
MVP
Multiple headsets on one PC are fine. I regularly have a CV1, Rift-S, Quest 2 and Go connected at once. 🙂
It's easy to toggle between headsets in the PC app, you don't need to unplug anything (only one headset is active at a time, chosen in the devices section).
You can also log in and out of the PC app as needed. Only games owned by the current account (if they aren't free) can be played.
I haven't tested for a while, but last time I did it also didn't matter if the Quest and PC are on the same account. The account of the PC is what you see over Link. I think I tested that on the Quest, not the Quest 2, can't remember. So no idea if that is still the case (I might try later today).

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2