cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a bunch of problems with Oculus Link.

LandonMeadows
Level 3

I got oculus software and plugged in the cord and it said recommended cord is USB 3.0 when the bag said USB 3.2 Gen1 the cord did not have the oculus label on it we got it from amazon it was around about 10$ and when I to enable Oculus Link it redirects back to the home screen instead of link same virtual environment no bending buttons just normal quest home after I tried opening it again and again it said "Oculus Link keeps stopping" and I saw a flicker of something which I think said "Oculus Link session not active". Is it because I tried doing it with a phone charger? Is it because my cable? Is it my "NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030" that is the only thing not meeting the requirements? I don't know! Someone please solve this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Viscerous
Level 4

It's your GPU in this case, the 1030 does not come with a video encoder which Oculus Link needs to send the footage to your headset. To be honest, it also wouldn't run VR games very well.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Viscerous
Level 4

It's your GPU in this case, the 1030 does not come with a video encoder which Oculus Link needs to send the footage to your headset. To be honest, it also wouldn't run VR games very well.

View solution in original post

PITTCANNA
Level 12

There is absolutely no way a gt 1030 will work for link.  The lowest card is a gtx 1060 6 gb, 

i don't know the rest of cpu setup but i doubt it has the right cpu and ram required.

Don't waste your time swapping cables, because your computer is not link compatible in its current state.

Lightkeeper79
Level 3

I have the same problem, I am not getting the Rift library. I do have the Oculus brand cable. I figured out my video card isn’t up to spec. Good luck finding one 🙈. I think this is a prime example of the chip shortage in the news. 

guess i have to wait to get a new graphics card (which might be a rtx)

hello, i have a Geforce Gt 1030 and run the oculus quest 2 with throguh vitual desktop. i am even able to run boneworks. the only issue is that the graphics are terrible amazing and some latency sometimes. other then that its pretty much fine

Tempy-Senpai
Level 2

Hello, I also currently have a GT 1030. I tried running Oculus link (with a 3.0 cable and usb port) but every time I click the "Oculus Link" button my headset gets this black loading screen then returns back to the Quest home screen, and on my Computer my Quest app closes and reopens I'm not sure what to do I've reinstalled the Quest pc app a total of 4 times now and nothing works. My pc specs are a i5 4590s, 16gb DDR3, with a GT 1030. I'm fully aware that the GT 1030 is no where near a "powerful gaming card" but I'm confused on how other people are able to play pcvr using Oculus Link with the same card. I just want to play VRChat in pcvr mode. Please help.

I’m not sure if my last text went through, try using the virtual desktop app. It’s about $20 on the Oculus store, but this will allow you to live feed your desktops screen onto your Oculus, and also play VR games from your desktop. I run bone works through the virtual desktop/steam VR onto my oculus quest two, and it works decently well. I have never use the cable, but also had issues trying to. If you just want to display what you were saying, then try using the online oculus cast instead of the app.

i dont have a credit/debit card

I don’t know what to tell you then, every game is online… so if you do not have a credit/debit card or someone to use, then maybe this console isnt for you !