cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need your help

HarriStan
Honored Guest

HELP!

Hello can someone  help me with my head set please .
When I’m on the home page my left controller plays up when I don’t even touch it.  when I go onto rec room and I walk about it stops me from walking and sometimes slows me down. 

When I turn on my headset I see the oculus sign and then it cuts out ,goes black and then turns back on again with the oculus sound ,and when I tried to go onto rec room my headphones in the headset went off and I couldn’t hear anything and I don’t know what to do please help😩😩.

thanks 

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi HarriStan,

We understand you're experiencing issues with your controller and your display when playing Rec Room. We're happy to get you back in to the game with everything working as expected.

The first thing we'll try is restarting your Oculus. Here's how to do that:

1. With your headset on, hold the power button on the right side of your headset down until you're prompted with a shut-down screen.

2. Select Restart to reboot your Quest 2 or Quest.

After restarting, see if the issues in Rec Room are fixed. If they aren't, the next step would be to uninstall Rec Room, and reinstall it. Here's the instructions for uninstalling an app:

1. Press oculus icon on your right Touch controller to pull up your universal menu.

2. Select .

3. Find and then hover over the app that you want to uninstall.

4. Select white vertical three dot .

5. Select Uninstall, then select Uninstall to confirm.

If you're still running in to the same issue after reinstalling Rec Room, we'll want to know the following:

• Was Rec Room working as expected previously, or is this your first time with it?
  • Is your controller doing anything unexpected in any other games?
  • Has anything about your play space changed since it was working correctly, such as new furniture, mirrors, and lighting?
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!