cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SpacePilot
Explorer
I feel the headset would really benefit if oculus allowed users to tweak the sound settings via an equalizer app / setting.
It would be amazing if such setting allowed per app changes / profile switching as well.
7 Comments
Genericat
Expert Protege
Hear hear!
Anonymous
Not applicable
This would be awesome!
Strongit
Heroic Explorer
Absolutely.  Automatic switching between settings for the built in speakers and headphones would be a must.
Tummie555
Expert Protege

Dear Meta, a lot of people use their own headset. An EQ is absolutely needed. Besides, I recently bought the Official accessory "Logitech Chorus", and I hate to say it, but it sounds terrible. There's no highs left, and mids are muffled. Only bass. Every game sounds disconnected from the experience. When firing a gun for example it sounds like someone else is firing a gun 300meter behind a wall. Probably because every game is fine tuned for the original pipe speakers. Anyway, enabling some eq settings would fix this. 

P.s. this thread should have a LOT more kudos. I think 50% of the Quest 2 owners play with headphones.

dynam1ke
Honored Guest

Also bought the Chorus. Come on, this can sound so much better then this stock EQ setting. Please allow some global EQ in the settings. Its such a simple feature.

Ohjoy60
Honored Guest

As a sound engineer and high end audio expert I would be interested in developing equalizer software for the Oculus.  Any idea who would be the best programmers for this ?

Sure you can use external headphones to improve sound but I think for a larger portion of owners just offering a upgraded sound enhancing software to utilize the build in speakers would be practical.  

Suggestions 

thanks Kevin

Genericat
Expert Protege

Any progress on this, here at the end of 2023?