cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was mad but Facebook delivered next level,, 5 star customer service

grunttrooper
Protege

I get my SECOND perfectly new refurbished unit tomorrow after excessive waiting again.

But this time I'm extra lucky.  After working with 5 different reps, all whom assured me that I am Mr very valued customer,  I have now been downgraded to a grade B 64g refurbished unit.

Isn't that awesome?

I just can't wait because it's "like new".

5 REPLIES 5

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

If you originally bought the 64Gb version then that’s all you are entitled to under warranty.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

I think OP is upset its refurbished 😕

@essex_86 @Ya maybe?  Sounded like the op thought he should have gotten an upgrade to 128Gb.

I’ve had refurbished in the past from Oculus and they were indeed like new.  This has always been their policy for warranty outside 30 days.  Within 30 days it’s usually replaced with new.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

grunttrooper
Protege

Well, the first refurbished unit broke within 2 weeks.  So it wasn't like new.  So it's a gamble.  And they talk as if refurbished is as good as new, not quite true.  Atleast not always true.   Am I entitled to a new unit?  Per their policy no.  So my complaint is there policy, and my experience.

Not that you couldn't figure out my message on your own.

grunttrooper
Protege

Just to let you two know.  The refurbished had a broken screen again.  Came from the same refurbishers.  I feel that my point has been validated.  To their credit, Oculus sent me AN OTHER refurbished unit from different refurbisherers.  whole process less than 5 days this time 👍

Guess what... package showed delivered and it wasnt at the front door.  Not oculus' fault but you gotta admit, im 1 in a million for bad luck.  I filed a claim with UPS. Amd my neighbor has surveillance so if it was stolen or simply not delivered, ill be able to find out.