cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If order quest 2 from the oculus UK store can i return if the IPD issue happens

MarkT25810
Expert Protege
Hi there i have had a rift S and the software adjustment was ok for me, my IPD if i remember is about 67, was thinking of getting the quest 2 but as far as i can see i would have to use setting 3 which with the said worse FOV i would not use at all...personally for me FOV is the area headsets need to improve on, so can i return the headset if bought from the uk oculus store if i find the IPD not right for me.

I asked on live chat but the person was totally skirting round giving me a answer.

I have motion sickness and migranes which i am on medication for so i really can not be doing with the headset if its not right for me, the rift S i could play for upto 1 1/2 hrs which was enough for me anyway.

i have read people state amazon have a faster turnaround on returning products than oculus but when i talked to someone on amazon uk live chat he stated you can not return something like this unless there is a fault with it or there will be charges to pay.

12 REPLIES 12

sambartle
Protege
Oculus don't accept returns unless it's faulty as far as I can see.

Amazon will accept it if you just don't like it, you just pay the return postage. 

MarkT25810
Expert Protege

sambartle said:

Oculus don't accept returns unless it's faulty as far as I can see.

Amazon will accept it if you just don't like it, you just pay the return postage. 

Oh ok, just remembered Amazon do not use PayPal haha

Chances are I will have to return the headset so that's the problem really, think it's pretty slim that it will be totally fine for me, though my IPD is 66 not the 67 I said though not sure it will make a difference

I'll have a think about it, I guess best open is Amazon even if I have to pay for return

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Argos accept returns and paypal 😉

A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

MarkT25810
Expert Protege

Techy111 said:

Really? I assumed they would be like others if it's a electrical product no returns unless faulty :0

MarkT25810
Expert Protege

Techy111 said:

just talked to them and argos do not take returns on these if you have used them as they are not in a non used resaleable condition

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@MarkT25810 -Argos always say that but they do except returns. You could just say the ipd is faulty and I doubt they will argue with you. Did you get your ipd measured before getting Quest 2 and does Facebook say what the 3 ipd settings cover? If they do it might be a good idea for you to put them here so that other people can see it it works with their ipd.

MarkT25810
Expert Protege

RedRizla said:

@MarkT25810 -Argos always say that but they do except returns. You could just say the ipd is faulty and I doubt they will argue with you. Did you get your ipd measured before getting Quest 2 and does Facebook say what the 3 ipd settings cover? If they do it might be a good idea for you to put them here so that other people can see it it works with their ipd.

i had it done at the optician i found my card its 66.5, i did this when i bought the rift s and that ended up pretty great for me

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

RedRizla said:

i had it done at the optician i found my card its 66.5, i did this when i bought the rift s and that ended up pretty great for me

And what do the ipd settings on the Quest 2 cater for exactly?

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
In Europe, if you purchase online then you have a 14-30 day no quibble return window for a full refund. Argos will know this. However, if you purchased in-store then the exchange, refund policy changes.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.