cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Timezone on my Oculus Quest 2

Ben_Galland
Honored Guest

Hello ...

After I performed a factory reset on my Oculus Quest 2/64G, the menu panel displays incorrect Timezone. It is showing UTC time instead of my timezone EST/EDT.

I cannot find anything in the settings to allow setting the timezone. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

-Ben

28 REPLIES 28

imagine thinking a factory reset is a good idea for fixing the clock in the oculus quest 2...

couldn't be anyone with a functioning brain

btw it's 2022 and there still isn't a proper setting for this. Everyone here could probably list off at least 2 companies more incompetent than Facebook that still realizes that timezones exist and have implemented proper settings to work around that being a major issue.

Thank you, worked perfectly and took a bit less time, like 10 secs, lol.

Is this real life? It's nearly 2023 and I can't fix my timezone on the oculus quest 2 which seems to have been a known issue for year's..... 

I didn't move recently the timezone is just incorrect. Factory reset did not work. Am I doomed?

As someone who has a job that requires me to move frequently, I find it extremely inconvenient and downright asinine that one would have to leave the device and go through a resyncing process or do an entire factory reset every single time my job requires me to move. please add this basic function to your headset so it can be a little more viable for people in this situation.

How sad and ridiculous is the meta quest 2 for NOT being technologically advanced enough to set the clock? I hang my head in shame for something so sad and pitiful.

AF! Atari 2600 dumb.

Can you imagine a company like meta not having the tech to set a time zone? It's aggravating and petty. Someone dropped the ball and it was a bowling ball on a glass floor. Never will meta quest 2 be called a SMART device. Either someone up the ladder is real smart or real dumb.

Thank you so much. I guess I can just kept it like this. Don't want to reset it. It's only 1 hour difference anyways.