cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information on which apps support multi-user sharing on Quest 2

akiofujii
Honored Guest

Is there a way to find information on which apps support multi-user sharing on the Quest 2?

I know it just rolled out as an experimental feature but it's a major factor in deciding whether I'm willing to buy something for a Quest 2 shared with my family.

The best thing would be to have an indicator on the product page on the oculus store (like the comfort, compatibility, etc indicators), but failing that, there should at least be a list somewhere.

Please add the feature, and if anyone knows of a site (first or third-party) with this information, let me know. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PITTCANNA
Visionary

the best answer this is below:

App Sharing applies automatically to all new apps in the Oculus Quest Store from this date forward. As of today, a limited number of existing games will not yet be available through App Sharing unless players purchase their own copy, but over time we expect most of these apps to support additional users as well. For more information on Multi-User and App Sharing, including details on enabling these features, you can visit our support center.

We think Multi-User and App Sharing will prove beneficial to both users and developers. Whether spurring each other to new heights in Pistol Whip, uncovering the secrets of Lies Beneath at the same pace, or just feeling empowered to hand your headset to friends for a quick “Hey, check this out” demo, we hope this will help everyone get the most out of their Quest. Be sure to let us know your thoughts on the Oculus UserVoice channel!

that said the feature just rolled out end of February, so previous games might be slow to adpot if they choose to adopt.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

PITTCANNA
Visionary

the best answer this is below:

App Sharing applies automatically to all new apps in the Oculus Quest Store from this date forward. As of today, a limited number of existing games will not yet be available through App Sharing unless players purchase their own copy, but over time we expect most of these apps to support additional users as well. For more information on Multi-User and App Sharing, including details on enabling these features, you can visit our support center.

We think Multi-User and App Sharing will prove beneficial to both users and developers. Whether spurring each other to new heights in Pistol Whip, uncovering the secrets of Lies Beneath at the same pace, or just feeling empowered to hand your headset to friends for a quick “Hey, check this out” demo, we hope this will help everyone get the most out of their Quest. Be sure to let us know your thoughts on the Oculus UserVoice channel!

that said the feature just rolled out end of February, so previous games might be slow to adpot if they choose to adopt.  

akiofujii
Honored Guest

Thanks; I had seen all that. The answer then is "no" (which I expected). I started another thread to ask people to report what does/doesn't support multi-user in the replies (and dates) so that there will start to be a list.

Anonymous
Not applicable