cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instead of an Oculus Quest I received a TV Wall Mount

TheDudeTHFC
Level 3
I ordered an Oculus Quest directly from the Oculus website. Instead of the Oculus I received.....a Chinese TV Wall Mount! Absolutely bizarre. I'm now having to wait for support to investigate. Even if they do fix this, I'm concerned at just how poor Oculus support and operations are, particularly after reading other reviews. They seem shambolic and ill organised. Anyone else get a TV Wall mount or just me!? 
30 REPLIES 30

enigma01
Level 10

I'd suggest taking a look at Trustpilot. There are rafts of complaints on there and a company score of 2/5. Anyway, I'm happy to be proven otherwise and start enjoying the device. We shall see

The Oculus.com on Trustpilot is unclaimed and therefore unlikely Oculus are requesting reviews, this can result in lower rating. People are always quick to report negative experiences of a company but not necessarily positive ones unless they are asked to. 
I really am sorry about your issue though and hope they sort it out. 

Umpa_PC
Level 8
All my stuff from 'O' have been delivered by yodel.  I can't complain had nothing but a first class service and quick shipping.  I would be well upset if I got some other crap in stead of my VR - lol watch it on the 9 O'clock news - lol
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

Zenbane
Level 15
Delivery mixups are all the rage during this pandemic. I've had mixups during grocery pickups myself. Although one time, I got a free apple pie on accident. mmmm

This situation isn't exclusive to Oculus by any stretch of the imagination.

RuneSR2
Level 15

Here it is! 

And it can't even support 50" - I'd mention that in the complaint too! 😉

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Maxxgold
Level 8

Cygnific said:

Why not a picture of the package it shipped in?

As a retired UPS driver, that is exactly what I was thinking. Please show us a picture of the box it came in, with the shipping label. And, show the box it came in next to the item you claim you received. Right now I would just say this is a troll, but I’ll wait to see. 
Inateck USB 3.0 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FPIMJEW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Valve Index Frunk Fan 3D Mod!

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4012790

TheDudeTHFC
Level 3

Maxxgold said:

Cygnific said:

Why not a picture of the package it shipped in?

As a retired UPS driver, that is exactly what I was thinking. Please show us a picture of the box it came in, with the shipping label. And, show the box it came in next to the item you claim you received. Right now I would just say this is a troll, but I’ll wait to see. 

Trolling? Really? Bizarre comment and I dont quite understand what a picture of a cardboard box would achieve on the forum particularly when the shipping label contains my personal details. (Unless you are support in disguise and can help?)

However, I have provided all these images to Oculus support including the shipping label that references Oculus as the supplier. 

Irrespective of the shipping issue, im still awaiting a resolution after 5 days despite giving them all the data they need. However, they have told me they are experiencing a very high volume of cases. Go figure. 

Yodel were the delivery company. Maybe UPS and US based customer service is far better. 

Here is a nice side view of if it helps. 

Zenbane
Level 15

TheDudeTHFC said:
Trolling? Really? Bizarre comment and I dont quite understand what a picture of a cardboard box would achieve on the forum particularly when the shipping label contains my personal details. (Unless you are support in disguise and can help?) 

However, I have provided all these images to Oculus support including the shipping label that references Oculus as the supplier. 

Irrespective of the shipping issue, im still awaiting a resolution after 5 days despite giving them all the data they need. However, they have told me they are experiencing a very high volume of cases. Go figure. 

Yodel were the delivery company. Maybe UPS and US based customer service is far better. 

Here is a nice side view of if it helps. 

UPS is known for its incredibly poor service. Here's a review site with over 10,000 responses. 91% say their services is "bad."
https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.ups.com

nishruu2
Level 4

fedex tried to give my Quest to a homeless guy...he did not care who got it, he just needed a signature.
and ups hit my truck and got caught by a neighbor, so he put a , we missed you sticker on my window and drove off.....
Please lets get the real carrier back go USPS.

Pixie40
Level 11

nishruu2 said:

fedex tried to give my Quest to a homeless guy...he did not care who got it, he just needed a signature

That's a new one for me. Locally, FedEx delivers to the right place, but the drivers tend to drop the package from waist height then leave without ever bothering to check if you're home. Of course, that assumes they don't claim they "properly delivered" the package to a different state two weeks before you placed the order. Yeah, I was not impressed when that happened.

On the other hand, USPS drivers tend to just put a "sorry we missed you" note on your door without even attempting to deliver. UPS on the other hand actually knocks/rings the doorbell to see if you're home. Then if they don't need a signature they will set the package on the ground (rather then dropping it).
Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

TheDudeTHFC
Level 3
I've decided to just request a refund. Obviously the chat person said it would have to also be reviewed by our lizard overlords. Hopefully I'll get it sometime in September.