cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to decline / disable Quest 2 Auto-Update say from v29 to v30?

taidoq2vr
Protege

Greetings,

If everything is working as expected and to my liking, is it possible to decline or disable Quest 2 update when the time comes?  Similarly to iOS, I can choose whether to install the update or not.  If not, is there’s a possibility to roll back to previous version should there be something wrong after the update?

Advance thanks for your feedback,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately not.

One way or another it goes on 😞

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately not.

One way or another it goes on 😞

taidoq2vr
Protege

Very sad and outrageous indeed that Occulus doesn’t give end user a choice.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Even if you had a choice just like anything the time would come when when stuff would not work because you did not have the latest updates, firmware etc. Its no different from Graphic Drivers, OS updates on your PC or even apps, games on your phone. 

taidoq2vr
Protege

Understood but, AFAIK at least Apple, Microsoft give user a chance to roll back should the update doesn’t work.  Personally and based on my experience with update, most of the time update bring more issues than anything else and pushes hardware to obsolescence cycle faster.  I tend and prefer to leave things alone as “if it ain’t broke why fix it”.   Unless there is a major security issue then I have no choice.  Some of my PCs are still on Windows 7 Pro and iPads are still on iOS 12.  All is stable and run perfectly well as opposed to latest update on latest hardware.  Anyway to each his/her own.