cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to watch Videos from a USB Drive on the Oculus 2?

PismoJay805
Protege

First post. Hello all. Nice to be here.

I recently bought the Oculus 2 and have fallen in love with it. I have done a ton of research and have yet to find a legit answer. I have the new 128G version and dont want to fill that space with a ton a videos that I might watch here or there. Id prefer to have all my videos loaded to a  USB drive and just keep that in my Oculus case for when I want to watch them. I know theres a solution using your PC and a cable or airlink but thats not an option for me and not as portable as I would like it. My computers too old and slow to do that.

Im just starting to learn about sideloading and wondered if there was a solution for this going that route? Thanks in advance for the help.

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, congratulations on your new purchase! Currently, Oculus does not provide support for sideloading applications to any device as we cannot determine compatibility for those apps. On the contrary, sideloading for your new Oculus device is possible, but could require using a USB-C memory stick since you are not able to use your PC at this time. In addition, you may be able to find more in-depth answers to this subject matter on another developer support site or YouTube tutorial. Hope this is helpful. 🙂

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

PismoJay805
Protege

Thank you for the info on Sideloading. But the heart of my questions, what I am really trying to find out is how to use a USB stick to watch movies with my Quest 2. I mentioned the sideloading as an option or way to do so. Sideloading aside, Is there a way to use a USB drive/ stick ect to watch movies on my headset without having to copy them to the headset itself? I have a library of content I can watch but dont want to fill up my 128G space.

Thank you

Hello, currently, Oculus does not provide support for USB drive usage to device(s) as we cannot determine compatibility for those apps.

Let us know should you need additional assistance. 🙂

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Thank you. Do any other users have any experience in this? Any input? Thank you again