cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way I can recalibrate my left controller stick on my oculus quest controller?

Goldenyan207
Level 2

I think my controller stick drift problem is from calibration issues because when it’s in the center, it moves backwards, and when I move it forward a little bit, I don’t move in game or on the menu. Is there any way you can recalibrate the Oculus Quest controller stick?

1 REPLY 1

Rolin_
Level 4

There's no way to fix it permanently once it starts happening, but you can fix it temporarily by cleaning the controller with electronic-safe contact cleaner. I use CRC Contact Cleaner.
Remove the battery before using the contact cleaner spray. Tilt the joystick up, down, left, right and in each position spray an extremely short burst of contact cleaner into the small space around the edge of the joystick. Then click the joystick down a couple times and then let dry for an hour or 2 before putting the battery back in and using the controller. You can also use a can of compressed air to spray into the grooves to help dry any excess contact cleaner faster. Recommended that you wear some rubber gloves to avoid getting the contact cleaner on your skin, as it can cause irritation.

I have to do this once every 2 weeks when the joystick starts drifting again.