cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this amount of blurriness/smearing -"god rays" "sunbeam rays" normal on my new Quest 2?

worldbackpacker
Level 2
There's only a very small area in the center that doesn't smear.  It looks as if the lenses are greasy, even though I wipe them with a microfiber cloth regularly.  This was just cleaned.  This is my first VR headset, so I didn't know what to expect, but I was surprised how smeary it looks.  Is this normal?  As a verbal description, from the home screen, the main menu bar at the bottom--if I look directly at one button, the button next to it is smeary.  Here's an image I took through the lens that reasonably approximates what it looks like.  What does your headset look like?  Is this normal?1ehh1g6lzkxr.jpg
4 REPLIES 4

worldbackpacker
Level 2
If anything, I think this image under represents how blurry it is.  Thoughts?

AngelsVenom
Level 4
I have the same problem even when i replaced the headset with another one.
Now i have contacted oculus this time(amazon the first time) to do something but my country is not supported.
The blurriness was the same to both of the headsets.

TomCgcmfc
Level 14
All VR headsets are a little blurry around the outer edges.  Best way to minimise it is to play with your faceplate placement and adjust the IPD.  Usually no big deal when you are in a game since you are mainly focussed in the centre area (sweet spot).

i9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, Corsair 1000w. Rift cv1, Quest 1, Vive Pro.

AngelsVenom
Level 4

TomCgcmfc said:

All VR headsets are a little blurry around the outer edges.  Best way to minimise it is to play with your faceplate placement and adjust the IPD.  Usually no big deal when you are in a game since you are mainly focussed in the centre area (sweet spot).

It is not at the outer edges. It's everywhere.
The godrays though i must say there is a soft spot at the center where they are minimized.