cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with guardian system

Sicktrash
Expert Protege
I have 2 issues with the guardian system...

1. Room scale. It's not saving my room boundaries, every time I switch back to room scale it's asking me to draw the boundaries again. Very annoying.

2. Stationary. When sitting the circle boundary is very small. Can I increase its size? I'm very tall and can barely move my arms without breaking the barrier. Was it designed for children and tall people not considered?

34 REPLIES 34

MetalGearHazumu
Protege
Also I'm small and the circle is too small and I figured out how to make it use room scale all the time so I'm fine just the grid pops up for no reason 

Sicktrash
Expert Protege

Also I'm small and the circle is too small and I figured out how to make it use room scale all the time so I'm fine just the grid pops up for no reason 

The grid warning seems overly sensitive...you don't have to be very close to set it off

MetalGearHazumu
Protege

Sicktrash said:

The grid warning seems overly sensitive...you don't have to be very close to set it off

Yeah

Dave
Explorer

I agree about the stationary circle.  It seems a bit too small.

My room scale boundary is saving just fine, however.  Even if I put the headset on while outside the boundary, it seems to still know where it is.  I never had to redraw it.... until I went and got a swivel chair and set it in the middle of the space.  As soon as the chair was added, I had to redraw the space.  So, I speculate that any change to your play area will trigger a redraw.  Changes in lighting might have the same effect.

InfinitR
Protege
Agreed stationary should be expanded a bit.

Also really wishing I could get into an extended mode for room scale. Not complaining here, it's amazing what we can do. But I took it into an empty gymnasium today that I have access to. I could make a fairly large area, but I'm really itching to use the entire gym floor! 

Sicktrash
Expert Protege
Yea it seems to be remembering my space better now. Maybe it was issues with things inside it or lighting.

nfrosty
Explorer
When stationary enjoying media the guardian system should be off since its not needed.  Only needed when your actively on your feet playing games. They need to fix this since it just wastes power and is an inconvenience. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Guys, I believe the room scale not finding by guardian is lighting. Set up the room scale each time, it was probably lighting differences. I'm hoping it supports > 1 and stops that after a few times. I believe I might be right, still early but my gut says 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
I bought superhot in 2017 for my rift. Shouldn't it show free in the quest store guys? Robo is showing free in quest store, I assumed because I had it on the rift too?

FlakMagnet
Adventurer

Doctori said:

I bought superhot in 2017 for my rift. Shouldn't it show free in the quest store guys? Robo is showing free in quest store, I assumed because I had it on the rift too?

Not all games support cross-buy. Superhot is a game that does NOT support it. You'll have to buy it again if you want to play it on Quest.