cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just some basic Oculus Questions

MiloThatch
Explorer
Hi there! Just preordered a Quest 2, and have some questions.
For one, I just purchased SUPERHOT VR on sale today, i'm assuming i'll be able to download it onto my headset for portable use when I receive it? It won't just be link and play correct?
Also confused because, in the Ocululs windows application, my superhot purchase isn't shown, but on the website it is?? whats up with that my dude

Secondly, I have no idea how playing games from steam on an oculus works, if someone could fill me in on that it would be vastly appreciated!
4 REPLIES 4

nalex66
MVP
MVP
SuperHot does not support cross-buy, so you only get it for the platform you bought it for. So, if you bought it from the Quest store, you’ll be able to install it on your Quest 2, but you won’t get the PC version.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

MiloThatch
Explorer

nalex66 said:

SuperHot does not support cross-buy, so you only get it for the platform you bought it for. So, if you bought it from the Quest store, you’ll be able to install it on your Quest 2, but you won’t get the PC version.

I purchased it on the mobile app, thinking that I'd be able to download it later when the headset arrives. I'm assuming it's not the PC only version considering it doesn't show in the rift store like I said on the beginning of this post

nalex66
MVP
MVP
You can purchase for Rift, Quest, or Go on the mobile app. There’s a dropdown at the top of the screen to switch between platforms, so you have to be careful that your in the right store for what you want to buy. I think it defaults to Quest, so you should be fine, but you can confirm that by looking at the Quest store page in the app and checking that it says Purchased. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

MiloThatch
Explorer
aha! I see that now. Thank you so much!