cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kick out / crash to Home

zerpixelung
Explorer
I own the Quest since round about a week and while playing Beat Saber I got this issue 3 times. Suddenly the Quest's home room / screen appears (the room with your menu bar and screen in front of you where you start your games for example). The game didn't crashed. I can switch back and it starts within the song at the last position. I had this issue also one time at Beat Saber's menu where you select a song. Of course I'm 100% sure that I didn't pressed the home button on the right controller by accident. I don't think this is a tracking related thing because the Touch Controllers work fine.

I got that problem only with Beat Saber so far. Any ideas? Have someone spotted the same strange behavior?
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
You say you didn't touch the home button, but it sounds exactly like what happens when you do. It's hard to tell when you have a headset strapped to your face though. Do you get the popup asking if you want to exit or continue?

zerpixelung
Explorer
If I pressed the Home button by purpose I got your mentioned popup. If the bug happens I appear directly in the main room. No popup. When I start Beat Saber again I appear at the last position. Can be inside the middle of a song. I also did a factory reset but got the same issue again.

Today I replaced the Quest. I'm curious if this strange behavior happens again.

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's definitely strange. I've heard of Beat Saber crashing, but not sure if you jump back in where you left off or not.

Vhenzor
Explorer
Got this problem 2 or 3 times too.

Anonymous
Not applicable
OK, I had this happen to me as well, but I was using Virtual Desktop.

zerpixelung
Explorer
I found a couple of threads at Reddit where Quest owners reported about same or very similar issues. The issue in this thread happens most times for me: https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/d3ialh/05_seconds_of_loading_screen/
There I posted the troubleshootings I did.

In other thread users wrote that this issue appears since the last Quest update.

This issue is also mentioned in Oculus's Uservoice: https://oculus.uservoice.com/forums/921937-oculus-quest/suggestions/38611624-fix-the-crash-to-home-b...

By the way I have the same issue with the replacement unit as well.