cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop Compatibility

Mr_M_
Honored Guest

My laptop has an AMD RYZEN 5 5000 series and a Geforce MX450. Is that good enough? I mostly plan on getting an Oculus for VR to play Minecraft in VR and only secondary things like Beat Saber or other games geared towards being playable in VR.

3 REPLIES 3

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

No, of course not.  Please at least look/google Oculus Quest 2 requirements before asking silly questions like this.  Thanks.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

I did look at the requirements. That's why I'm asking. I have a relatively new laptop so I wondered if it would work. Not a silly question.

kojack
MVP
MVP

The Geforce MX450 uses the same chip as the Geforce 1650 but with reduced bus size.

Unfortunately the 1650 is not compatible with using the Quest 2 with a PC via Link.

The compatibility list is here: https://support.oculus.com/articles/headsets-and-accessories/oculus-link/oculus-link-compatibility

So I would assume the MX450 (as a weaker 1650) isn't going to work.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2