cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left Controller will not turn on, nor track.

sprucerust
Explorer

Hey all, I’m sure these types of posts gets tossed around a bunch, but this problem has become something much more difficult for me to fix.

Like a lot of other help posts, the lights (specifically on my left touch controller) won’t turn on, and neither will it track, despite the Oculus app reading it as paired. The only function it retains right now is its ability to vibrate, which seemed to work well while trying to re-pair it to my Quest 2.

My main issue with the controller right now is that it just cannot be fixed no matter what I try. The solutions I’ve used can be listed here, neither of which have worked for my controller:

• Placing aluminum/ tinfoil on either the negative or positive ends of the battery compartment
  • Un-pairing and re-pairing my controller through the Oculus app, and vice versa
  • Leaving the battery compartment empty for 30+ minutes, and placing in a fresh battery soon after
  • Factory Reset

I’m unsure if I’ve forgotten to try out any other methods for my controller, if so I’d be glad to try them out. But if none seem to work at all, I will still be unsure in knowing if I can qualify for a replacement or not, being that I purchased my Quest 2 in August of last year.

This is all I have to ask right now, any recommendations or tips are appreciated.

SPRUCE
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @sprucerust! We know controller issues can be the worst, especially when troubleshooting doesn't seem to help at all. We really appreciate all the time and effort you've put into working on this on your own!

What we'd suggest now, since you've tried most of our go-to troubleshooting steps for controller issues, is to reach out to our team in a support ticket here. That way our experts can take a look, see if there are any further steps to try, and look into any possible options we have for you here to get everything working right!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @sprucerust! We know controller issues can be the worst, especially when troubleshooting doesn't seem to help at all. We really appreciate all the time and effort you've put into working on this on your own!

What we'd suggest now, since you've tried most of our go-to troubleshooting steps for controller issues, is to reach out to our team in a support ticket here. That way our experts can take a look, see if there are any further steps to try, and look into any possible options we have for you here to get everything working right!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!