cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left and Right Handed Setting?

Pickleschlitz
Level 5
I notice that the left controller seems to be dominant sometimes. There should be a way to switch it to make the right hand the pointer.
9 REPLIES 9

edmg
Level 10
Don't you just press the trigger button?

NinoBambino84
Level 2
I just got mine today, I didn’t see anything in the controller settings that lets you choose which controller becomes the “dominant” controller or in my case, the left handed controller. 

KorbenCounty
Level 2
Same issue going on for me. Something definitely changed as I am now forced to use the Left Controller for everything in Home area. In the past (like 2 weeks ago), I was able to switch off to right and left using the trigger which enabled the 'dominant' hand.

I did try unpairing, no change.  Really getting annoyed at painting guardians over and over with left hand.

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
With the new update, there is no longer a dominant hand. You should have a cursor on each hand, and you should be able to use either one or both together (for instance, two-handed typing is now possible on the browser keyboard). 

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2

chilabob
Level 2
Dear Nalex,

My right controller in this case completely not working at all. I simply can't see it in my VR (can't see my hand). I tried everything already 😞
I've also raised a ticket #819409 but no one is replying to me.
What shall I do with my right controller? 

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Oculus Support will walk you through a few troubleshooting steps when they get to your ticket, and if they can't resolve it, they'll have you send the controller in for a replacement. Unfortunately, it will probably take a little time.

The first steps will likely be: try a new battery; try power-cycling the headset (full shutdown and restart); try unpairing and re-pairing the controllers; try a factory reset (you'll unfortunately lose your game saves and any other user data on the device if/when you do that). You can try some of those steps while you wait, and update your support ticket if any of them help.

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2

Keroppi667
Level 2
Can confirm. Just bought tonight, ran mandatory/automatic update, went through tutorial, immediately noticed left hand pointer. Pressed every button on right controller, right dot turns blue (controller works fine) but no switch. As usual, oc must've borked something in the latest update.

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Oculus has acknowledged an issue with some people's right controllers associated with the recent update. If you're having issues, maybe hold off on doing a factory reset while Oculus works on a fix (to avoid needlessly losing game progress).

chilabob
Level 2
still there is an issue for me even after the update... 😞