cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left controller analog stick drifting

oX_Shay_Xo
Level 2

Hello,

I bought an Oculus Quest 2 not long ago, received it in the mail two weeks ago and I’m already starting to have really bad drifting problems, It will just drift downwards. I don’t want to go to the extent of pulling it apart due to the fact it’s only been out of its box for two weeks. What can I do to fix this without pulling it apart? 

thanks in advance. 

6 REPLIES 6

Tonberry_Qing
Oculus Support
Oculus Support

Hey there @oX_Shay_Xo try these steps:

• Remove the batteries for at least 30 seconds before attempting to use them again. Or replace with fresh batteries. You'd be surprised how often this can make a difference. 
  • Increase the dead zones of the controller until the drift is no longer an issue/noticeable. 
    1. Go to Settings
    2. Go to Controller Settings
    3. Under Joystick Deadzone and Range, select the joystick which is having issue
    4. Follow on-screen instructions to recalibrate the joysticks deadzones
  • When powering on your controllers, ensure that the Analog sticks aren't being held in any direction and are at rest in the neutral position.

In my gaming experience, powering on your controller when the sticks are not in neutral is a very common occurrence. There's more things to try, but I would do these first. Let me know if it helps.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Unfortunately I have already tried those methods except replacing the batteries. But I will give it a shot. 
thank you

Hey there, oX_Shay_Xo! We know how discouraging stick drift issues can be, so we'd love to help out! We see you're already well ahead of us which is more than wonderful. 

As for now, if removing the batteries for roughly 10-20 minutes then replacing with new or known working ones doesn't seem to help. We suggest reaching out through the link right below, where we can provide some other possibilities! 

https://metaque.st/Support

Thank you, I have since replaced the batteries and unpaired and re-paired the left controller. Unfortunately it didn’t resolve my issue so I have contacted Meta Support

Great @oX_Shay_Xo! Thank you for that update. We look forward to seeing you on the other side! 

Hello! I have received a response from the Meta Support and they will be replacing my controller. Thank you so much for assisting me in getting in contact with them.