cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left controller used to fly away sometimes but not all the times, Right controller now has it.

VrRiftTime
Explorer

Hello, My Right controller is not working, It is flying away and staying there the only thing I can do are buttons and rotate, I cant play most VR Games, cause I'm forced to be left handed and alot of games dont have that, and you mostly need both controllers, The left controller used to not work but now it kinda moves away a bit but barely noticeable, I have to move my right controller enough or else it will float away and get stuck.

Do you know how to fix this?

Note: These fixs dont work

Replacing Batteries

Unpair then repair

factory reset

swapping the batterys

hand tracking then go back to controllers

And no it isnt my camera cause hand tracking works fine.

(Device quest 1)

15 REPLIES 15

Hey VrRiftTime, thank you for getting back to us and letting us know more about what's going on. We still recommend turning off hand tracking to see if there's any improvement with your controllers.
We definitely want to get to the bottom of this with you, so we just wanted to ask a few more things.

• Do you experience similar issues while playing in other locations?
  • Has anything changed in your play area such as new furniture, lights, etc.? Sometimes, the play area you're currently on affects the tracking for the controllers.

You can also try to test various different lighting levels in your play area to check if it affects the tracking issue. 

Also, have you submitted a ticket about this issue before? 

We really appreciate your patience, and thank you so much for all of the troubleshooting steps you've tried already. While we wait for your response, we'll continue to look into further options to help! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

what the **bleep**, didnt one of the answers below say that and i said it wasnt?

it's been happening for like almost an year, of course its not the funiture or lighting.

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Let's try to stay friendly here. The team is here to help, not get abused. There are plenty of nice ways to say "I've tried that" without attacking someone who is trying to help you. I know it's frustrating when things don't work, but these are public forums with rules

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.

Benutzergetroffen
Honored Guest

Was there ever an answer for this? I happen to have the same issue with my left controller, When playing something like beat saber or boxing simulators the left controller flies off into space and then gets stuck either on the floor or around my eyesight. I have also tried the recommended steps and still no luck

Isaacmorgan10
Honored Guest

I’m currently experiencing this problem with both of my controllers. I’ve tried evreything on these forums as well as the ones on Reddit and nothing has worked. I’ve never dropped or thrown my controllers, and the last time I used them a week ago, they were working 100% fine. I can’t use my quest 2 without becoming infuriated at the fact that I’ve dumped roughly $1000 into oculus as a new user, and can’t even use my device.

Hey there Isaacmorgan10! We know how essential it is to have your controllers working so, we'd like to invite you to private message us in order for us to assist you and get you back to gaming. 

Please click here https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!